Breast lift surgery is a popular option among women in NYC seeking to address sagging breasts. Pregnancy, breastfeeding, weight fluctuations, aging, gravity or genetic factors can cause the breasts to droop. This cosmetic surgical procedure helps you achieve a more proportional breast shape and can enhance your overall appearance.
A breast lift is a relatively simple procedure. Excess skin is removed and the surrounding tissues are tightened to reshape and support the new breast contour. If you are considering the treatment, here are the main things that you should know:
- The procedure is generally carried out under general anesthesia or intravenous sedation
- There are different types of incision patterns such as: around the areolas, extending downward from the areolas to the breast crease, or horizontally along the breast crease
- Choice of technique is based on factors such as breast size and shape, degree of breast sagging, areola size and position, how much extra skin you have and skin quality and elasticity
- The procedure involves removing excess breast skin and moving the nipples and areola to a more attractive position. If the areolas have become stretched, their size is reduced.
- Skin located above the areola is brought down and together, below the breast.
- The incisions are closed, the skin is tightened, and sutures are placed deep in the breast tissue to support the new position.
- Incisions are usually made in a way that the scars are hidden in the natural creases of the breasts.
This cosmetic breast surgery is an ideal solution for nipples pointing downward or if nipple/areola is located below the crease under the breasts, or if the breasts lack symmetry. The procedure can also help make wide breasts narrower or slightly smaller. Breast augmentation can be performed in conjunction with breast lift surgery.