NYC plastic surgery practices offer Kybella injections, the clinically-proven and FDA-approved treatment to address a double chin. This non-surgical procedure is an ideal option to treat moderate-to-severe fat below the chin. By destroying the fat cells, the treatment can improve the overall contour of the neck and jaw line. Fat accumulates in the chin due to various factors such as aging, weight gain or genetics and regardless of the cause, Kybella injectable treatment can help.
To help you learn more, here are the answers to some frequently asked questions about the Kybella.
FAQs about the Injection that Zaps a Double Chin
- What is KYBELLA®? This is an injectable drug which is a synthetic form of the deoxycholic acid, a molecule that occurs naturally in the body and helps in the breakdown and absorption of dietary fat. Kybella injections can address a double chin.
- Who is a right candidate for the treatment? Kybella can help men and women with consolidated fat deposits and fullness underneath the chin. The procedure is not usually advised when there is a lot of loose and hanging skin and for people with certain medical conditions.
- What does a typical procedure involve? The injections involve 0.2 mL each (up to a total of 10 mL), and spaced 1-cm apart.
- How long does each treatment session take? In typical cases, a treatment session takes about 15 minutes to get completed. Each session would involve multiple injections.
- What are the side effects? Following the injection, you can expect swelling, bruising, pain, numbness, redness, and areas of hardness in the treatment site.
- What about the recovery following the injection? Recovery is much quicker than with surgical treatment. Bruising, swelling, downtime and discomfort is minimal. Patients should avoid strenuous activity for at least 48 hours after the session.
- How fast can I see the outcome? You can expect to see noticeable results in about 3-4 weeks after the injection. Results will improve with further treatments, which can last for years.
Choose the Right Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon
For safe procedures and optimal outcomes, it is important that the Kybella injections are administered by a qualified NYC plastic surgeon with experience in providing the treatment. An expert will use the injectable correctly so that the other skin cells are not damaged. The right surgeon will also properly evaluate your candidature for the treatment, inform you about its risks, and help you take an informed decision.