Earlier, it was mostly women who considered plastic surgery procedures to improve their appearance. However, in recent years the trend has changed with more men also taking up cosmetic procedures to enhance their body. These include invasive, minimally invasive and non-invasive procedures and men can choose the right option depending on their expectations and preferences, in consultation with a good plastic surgeon.
Let us have a look at some of the most commonly performed male cosmetic procedures.
- Liposuction: Men can undergo this procedure to address excess fat deposits in different areas of the body that are hard to remove with just diet and exercise. The procedure can effectively address the fat in any area such as the face, upper arms, chest, abdomen, love handles, thighs, and knees. Established plastic surgery practices use advanced techniques such as BodyTite™, Smartlipo Triplex and VASERlipo for effective results.
- Tummy Tuck: Men seeking a trim, tight, and aesthetically attractive abdominal contour undergo this procedure. The procedure mainly removes excess fat and skin. The muscles are tightened to result in a tighter, firmer abdomen. There are complete tummy tuck, mini tummy tuck and liposuction-only abdominoplasty and surgeons would advise the right options based on individual concerns.
- Botox: This cosmetic injection is a massively popular non-surgical option among men who are desirous of making their skin look smoother and more refreshed. The surgeon injects Botox into your face and neck, and it effectively addresses forehead creases and band lines in the neck. The injection is also used as a solution for migraines, heavy sweating, and muscle spasms.
- Soft tissue fillers: You may find that the face loses some of the fat, bone, and muscle layers under the skin as you age. The lack of fullness easily reveals the wrinkles thus making you look old. These fillers are used to plump up your face and provide that rejuvenated look. This procedure also improves scars.
- Chemical peel: Prolonged exposure to the sun, aging, stress, and heredity factors can damage the skin. Chemical peels such as AHA peel, TCA peel and phenol peel can effectively treat rough, sun-damaged skin and blemishes. The procedure reduces age spots, scars, and blotches as well as fine lines and wrinkles.
- Laser skin resurfacing: A targeted laser is used to remove damaged skin, one layer at a time. Men undergo this procedure to effectively address fine lines or wrinkles, acne scars, birthmarks, and brown spots.
- Nose Surgery: Men looking to achieve a firm, well-shaped nose opt for this procedure. It changes the size and shape of the nose to blend well with the rest of the features. The procedure enhances nasal proportions, sets right any asymmetry, reduces the size of a long, wide or bulbous nose or corrects a deviated septum.
- Eyelid Surgery: Men are often bothered about tired, puffy eyes and sagging eyebrows that make them look older than they actually they are. They undergo both upper and lower eyelid surgery to achieve a pleasing, masculine appearance. The procedure involves removing excess muscle, fat or skin and skin and muscle tightening, and smoothing of the fine lines between the eyelid and the cheek.
- Facelift: Lifestyle habits, aging, stress, heredity, and sun exposure can all affect your youthful-looking face. This procedure removes excess fat, repositions muscles and tightens the skin.
- Gynecomastia Treatment: This male breast reduction procedure addresses the abnormal enlargement of the male breast due to hormonal imbalances, use of certain drugs and some medical conditions. The procedure involves effective fat reduction in the area along with significant skin contraction.
Personalized Plastic Surgery Solutions in NYC
Choosing the right plastic surgeon specialized in the selected procedure is important to achieve good results. Established plastic surgery practices in NYC offer a range of cosmetic procedures. The skilled and experienced surgeons at AAAASF-accredited practices would study your concerns, preferences and expectations so that they can offer personalized solutions.