A youthful neck is characterized by an acute cervicomental angle and a well-defined jaw line. But many women who are in their early 40s face the problem of sagging skin between their neck and jaw, which was once a taut right angle. The sagging of skin is a major aesthetic concern for many women. However, today with advanced technology, various methods of cosmetic surgery are available to correct this cosmetic problem.
Neck Lift and Face lift – Effective Aesthetic Procedures
The neck lift procedure tightens the sagging muscles and restores a youthful look. Compared to a face lift surgery, the sutures are smaller, and the recovery time shorter. However, neck rejuvenation has always been an intrinsic part of face lift, which is a procedure provided to reduce the appearance of facial wrinkles and other signs of aging, with the goal of improving the overall appearance of the face and jaw. Many plastic surgeons believe that even if the neck is the main aesthetic problem for a patient, better results can be obtained with a face lift. To perform this procedure, the plastic surgeon should be experienced and well trained since the procedure involves lifting and tightening the underlying muscles of the face to create a more aesthetically pleasing contour. The benefits of this procedure are:
- Tightens loose skin
- Firms up the facial muscles and makes them well-defined
- Improves the facial contour
- Reduces the signs of aging
Advanced Technology for Liposuction
- BodyTite: A radiofrequency assisted liposuction device, in which energy passes from an internal cannula to an external electrode, delivering focused energy into the adipose tissue and fatty areas.
- Smartlipo Triplex: Minimally invasive laser treatment that uses three different wavelengths – 1440nm, 1320nm and 1064nm for tightening loose and saggy skin and removing localized fat.
- Vaserlipo: It is a minimally invasive ultrasound treatment that breaks down fat more effectively with minimal trauma to the surrounding tissues, blood vessels, nerves etc.
Fat Transfer Procedure
This involves extracting fat from body areas where there is excess fat, purifying it and injecting it into the jaw area. It adds more volume to your face and provides a glowing look.
Double Chin Liposuction
The area beneath the chin and jaw line is sculpted; usually, the face and neck are treated at the same time. The excess fat is removed, and the skin tightened to provide a more toned appearance. If you don’t have significant signs of facial aging, liposuction alone might be sufficient.
Laser Lift for Delicate Areas
A minimally invasive procedure, laser lift can smooth away wrinkles, lift and contour the lower face and bring back a youthful curve for the neck. Performed using PrecisionTx, this aesthetic procedure can be used to treat delicate body parts such as the jaw line, jowls and neck. It brings about an improved skin tone and can be completed in an hour.
A wide range of options are available to sculpt the jaw and provide it with a more defined appearance, but it is always best to consult a reliable plastic surgeon and consider his/her opinion before choosing any procedure.