Tummy tuck surgery, also called abdominoplasty, corrects stubborn fat and skin in the abdomen and tightens the muscles to result in a flatter and more toned appearance. The procedure benefits both men and women. While there are varying extents to the conditions corrected by this plastic surgery procedure with different types of techniques, achieving safe and successful outcomes is greatly dependent on the surgeon. There are established plastic surgery practices offering tummy tuck in New York City and finding the right practice and plastic surgeon is crucial. A qualified, experienced and skilled surgeon can determine what procedures will achieve the best outcome.
Finding a Good Aesthetic Plastic Surgeon in NYC
The best way to find a good plastic surgeon is actually by word of mouth, but the problem is that most people do not want to admit that they have had a procedure. So the first thing you can do is browse the web and make a list of leading plastic surgery practices in NYC. You may need to fix consultations with a few surgeons to choose the right provider. Stay away from a surgeon who promises to deliver all the changes you want without performing a thorough physiological evaluation. Here are some qualities that an ‘ideal surgeon’ would possess:
- A great deal of understanding and patience when interacting with the patient
- Has undergone the right specialist training and is up-to-date the current literature
- Attends courses and seminars showcasing the latest methods of treatment and follows the work of leading surgeons who produce exceptionally good results with operative procedures – in this case, for abdominoplasty
- Have skill, an artistic eye, agility and a high degree of precision
- Works methodically to provide the best results
Here are some tips that can help you determine if you have found the right surgeon:
- Ask the plastic surgeon about his surgical training. Make sure he is specialized and trained in this specific procedure.
- Check out the surgeon’s experience by asking how many procedures – tummy tucks – he has performed successfully.
- Ask to see before and after photos of previous patients as examining these photos will give you an idea about the surgeon’s skill.
- Make sure you are comfortable discussing your concerns with the surgeon and that he provides satisfactory answers to all your questions related to treatment.
- Do not trust a surgeon who does not explain the risks of the procedure to you.
Also remember that a good surgeon will be able to envisage the final result at the start of the treatment. He will be able to explain the expected result to you so that you can make an independent, informed decision.
Accredited Plastic Surgery Practice in NYC
While achieving optimal results for your tummy tuck is critical, you should also ensure your safety by choosing a plastic surgery center with the right level of accreditation. Choose an AAAASF-accredited practice with qualified and experienced anesthetists and professional support staff. Accredited surgical suites would be well-equipped to handle emergencies. Last but not least, when you visit the surgical practice, see if the staff is friendly and helpful so that you will be served and treated well.