Looking for a minimally invasive way to eliminate diet- and exercise-resistant body fat? Consider VASER liposuction. This procedure removes excess body fat and precisely sculpts the treated area. Performed using the advanced VASERlipo® System, this minimally invasive liposuction procedure can help to improve your figure by eliminating fat. Clinically proven, the VASER system is powerful enough to remove fat from various parts of the body – both small and extensive areas including the abdomen, ankles, back, breasts, knees, hips, buttocks, neck and arms.
The procedure uses state-of-the-art ultrasound technology to gently reshape the body and provide noticeable results in just one procedure without the discomfort and long recovery times associated with typical liposuction treatments. Ultrasound energy can differentiate targeted fat from important tissues such as nerves, blood vessels and connective tissue, thus minimizing the risk of injury to the surrounding blood vessels and nerves.
Benefits of VASERlipo
- Speedy recovery time
- Improved body contouring compared to traditional lipo
- Improved skin retraction and minimal blood loss
- Easily removes large amounts of stored fat
- Treats even delicate areas like the arms and neck
- Refines and accentuates the appearance of muscles
Fat cells removed with VASERlipo can be used in fat transfer procedures to enhance the breasts, buttocks and hips. Along with improving body contour, Hi Def body contouring with VASER can also define the muscular anatomy in each treatment area. The procedure involves liposuction around the muscle groups just under the surface of the skin that results in well-defined abs, the perfect six-pack or the appearance of gym-toned pectorals.
VASER Lipo Step-by-Step Procedure
- The area to be reshaped is injected with a tumescent saline solution that helps numb the site. The solution wets the area and makes it easier to break up fatty tissue with the VASERlipo system’s ultrasound energy.
- A small probe transmitting sound energy is inserted into the treatment area to liquefy the fat.
- The liquefied fat is removed via a gentle suction process without damaging the surrounding tissue structures.
VASER Lipo allows surgeons to treat multiple body areas in a single procedure. Depending on the number of areas being treated, the procedure can take as little as one hour or up to several hours. Skin irregularities are extremely rare with the procedure.
Recovery time will vary depending on the amount of fat removed and the number of areas treated. Minor swelling and bruising can be expected. VASER patients may also experience temporary numbness or tingling of the skin in the treated areas due to the ultrasonic sound waves’ effect on the sensory nerves.
Choose an Expert Plastic Surgeon
The surgeon you choose and his/her experience in performing VASER liposuction will have a direct impact on the outcome you achieve. You should also keep in mind that the procedure is not a weight loss solution. VASER liposuction can be performed under local or general anesthesia. An established plastic surgery practice will help you choose the right solution for your particular aesthetic concern.