Making some wise changes and decisions can improve your health and lifestyle. Here are some formulas for better health that every person should know about:
- Avoid sitting for too long. Get up and walk every 30 minutes or 1 hour and include some stretches or moves. Standing for too long is not good either. So try to achieve a balance of both.
- Try not to stretch your office time. It would be good to stick to around 40 hours of work a week. Make time for your family and personal goals.
- Avoid smoking as it can lead to heart and lung disease and cancer. Quitting is important for the wellbeing and health of your family too. Secondhand smoke is said to contain more than 4,000 chemicals, most of which are irritants and toxins.
- Exercise is an important element of a healthy lifestyle. Make an effort to be physically active for 30 minutes every day or at least 5 days a week.
- Eat a balanced diet to maintain a healthy weight. Include more natural options such as fruits and vegetables and cut out processed foods. Fruit such as berries, grapes, apples, and other resveratrol-containing fruits burn lipids and prevent obesity and metabolic diseases such as diabetes.
- Limit alcohol consumption. According to new research, any amount of alcohol can increase the risk of cancer. New guidelines in the UK say that men and women who consume alcohol should limit it to 14 units a week.
- Protect yourself from the sun. Make it sure that you cover up; keep in the shade, never burn and use factor 15 plus sunscreen.
- Practice meditation or yoga to relax your mind and body. Yoga can boost energy, lessen depression and pain, and improve flexibility and mobility.