Sculpt and tone your arms to look gorgeous on your big day! Now that we are on the threshold of January, this is the right time to get into shape for your spring/summer wedding. Your arms must have a flawless appearance if you plan to wear a strapless wedding gown that is the latest trend. Concerned about that unwanted flab in your arm area? You can easily get it corrected by a minimally invasive option, arm liposuction. Thinner arms create the impression of a thinner and more athletic body. Enjoy the confidence boost that comes along and look wonderful in your wedding photos.
The “bat wing” effect is a major concern for women as they are genetically predisposed to fat accumulation in the upper arms. The aging process is accompanied by loss of skin thickness and elasticity. Exercise and dieting are the two main options you would first consider to slim down naturally. However, areas such as the arms are hard to contour with such natural alternatives, and in most cases a cosmetic surgery would be the ideal choice. Advanced arm liposuction surgery can ensure you beautifully shaped arms. Complications are rare and downtime is minimal. The procedure removes upper arm fat and helps stimulate skin tightening.
Laser-assisted liposuction using FDA-approved Smartlipo Triplex is offered at established plastic surgery practices in the US. A minimal downtime of just 48 hours will give you that dream-come-true sculpted look on your arms and bodySCULPT®, a leading plastic surgery practice in Manhattan has made the technique very popular. The deltoid fat pad that is typically inherited cannot be resolved with exercise alone in most cases, and advanced laser lipo is now proving to be an effective alternative.
Whatever may be the technique used, the assistance and advice of a skilled and experienced plastic surgeon is most important. Qualified surgeons have expertise and proven experience in the latest techniques and technologies and may even have taken part in the process of developing related techniques. For instance, in Manhattan, NYC, bodySCULPT® plastic surgeons offer minimally invasive, result-oriented arm liposuction. They have valuable research experience and have contributed peer reviewed articles on the topic of liposuction. You can read one such article on PRS GO on their website that makes them authorities and pioneers on this subject. They have developed techniques that offer the best aesthetic results for their patients.
Liposuction of the arms is not for prospective brides alone; it can help any of you with extra fat in the arms that spoils your appearance. A successful procedure gives you smoother, slimmer and younger-looking arms. Wear sleeveless gowns, bathing suits and tops without hesitation and without worrying about your arms. Look smart and fit in your favorite outfits and feel confident with a graceful arm contour.
A double chin or submental fat is a common aesthetic concern among men and women. Liposuction surgery, neck lifts, and facelifts are the conventional solutions, but two advanced non-surgical modalities – CoolSculpting’s CoolMini and Kybella – have attracted wide interest in recent times. A Cosmetic Surgery Times (CST) poll conducted to evaluate expert opinion about the best non-surgical method of treating fat deposits under the chin found that 44 percent supported CoolMini, 30 percent supported Kybella and 26 percent did not support either of these options.
Kybella is an injectable drug that has an active ingredient called deoxycholic acid. When injected into submental fat, the drug destroys the fat cells. Plastic surgeons provide the treatment to address moderate to severe convexity or fullness associated with submental fat. CoolSculpting destroys fat by freezing it and the FDA recently approved its use to treat double chin fat and other smaller areas with a new applicator, CoolMini.
According a CST article, the 26 percent that did not support these new non-surgical options are most likely plastic surgeons who treat chin fat with liposuction surgery. Liposuction is widely accepted as being simple, affordable and a time-tested, clinically proven procedure that can be performed in a single setting with predictable results. On the other hand, Kybella involves multiple injections in each treatment, and for optimal results, some patients may require treatments spaced over four months, taking more time than lipolysis.
So why are Coolsculpting Mini and Kybella so popular? The fact is that most people now prefer minimally invasive procedures, with some wanting to avoid surgery. For such patients, Coolsculpting Mini and Kybella are the ideal options.
Careful patient selection is critical for success with any of these modalities. Here’s what experts have to say about this:
- Kybella is suitable for younger patients with isolated submental fat deposits without skin excess.
- Results may look worse in patients with fat and skin laxity as fat reduction would highlight the skin excess.
- Patients with too much submental fat are not good candidates for the procedure and can end up disappointed with the results.
- In individuals with too little chin fat, the proximity of the area of fat to the nerves can sometimes lead to more healing issues and pain.
Results will not last for patients who gain weight after any of the three therapies. The bottom line is that results of cosmetic procedures depend on several factors and it’s not always the treatment or technology that is to blame.
If you are thinking of getting any of these cosmetic surgical procedures, choose an AAAASF-accredited plastic surgery practice in Manhattan. Established practices have surgeons who are properly trained in the latest procedures. A reliable provider will evaluate your candidature, recommend the best option to meet your goals, and provide safe procedures with optimal results.
Cosmetic procedures are now widely recognized for the visible benefits they offer and we see an increasing number of men and women opting for procedures of their choice. Some may want a better-looking nose or chin, some others may want a rounder backside and yet others may be looking for slimmer arms and thighs. Many patients go for consultation desiring a look that may have been inspired by a celebrity.
The interest in cosmetic surgery is seen throughout the year. However, December seems to be the busiest month for plastic surgeons. A report in plasticsurgeryportal.com mentions December as the busiest month for many plastic surgeons, with some of them performing almost double the number of procedures on any given day during December. The reason may be that people look forward to achieving an improved appearance and enhanced self confidence and become better equipped to partake in their year-end meetings, holiday reunions and parties and other events. Moreover, they may want to sport a new look for the New Year. The lengthy breaks may also be a motivating factor because people get enough time to recover after a cosmetic procedure.
Many plastic surgery practices offer special deals for cosmetic surgery procedures during the holiday season. This includes reduction in procedure rates, free consultations and other options.
Another reason for the mounting rate of aesthetic procedures is the trend of gifting cosmetic procedures to loved ones. People give some special gifts to their near and dear during Christmas and New Year and there has been a rise in the trend of plastic surgery gifting in recent years. However, not all plastic surgeons speak in favor of gifting procedures. This is because you must go for a procedure only if you personally feel the need for it and not because some else wants you to do it. Most importantly, the final decision should come from you.
The popular holiday season procedures include invasive ones such as tummy tuck, breast augmentation, facelift as well as minimally invasive procedures such as liposuction. Similarly, cosmetic injections such as Botox are among the top procedures in demand.
According to a Health News Digest report, the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (AAFPRS) notes that the holiday season is the busiest time of year for cosmetic treatments. The requests for treatments and surgeries increase by over 25% from Thanksgiving through New Year’s Eve.
Are you planning for a cosmetic procedure this holiday season? There are reliable plastic surgery practices in NYC offering a range of cosmetic surgery solutions. Do enough research and find the right surgeon for the procedure and welcome the New Year with a rejuvenated appearance.
More and more Americans are going in for cosmetic procedures to enhance their looks and lifestyle. Treatments have become minimally invasive and even non-invasive, allowing people can achieve their goals quickly and safely. Even the high costs of the procedures are not a deterrent and most people are ready to admit they have had plastic surgery. Here are statistics from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) that show just how popular cosmetic surgery is among Americans:
- Americans spent almost $12.9 billion on cosmetic procedures last year.
- Cosmetic procedures performed rose 3% over 2013-2014.
- Close to 16 million were performed in 2014: 1.7 million cosmetic surgical procedures, 13.9 million cosmetic minimally-invasive procedures, and 5.8 million reconstructive procedures.
- Even when the number of men who underwent plastic surgery rose, women led with 13.6 million procedures in 2014, which was about 92% of total cosmetic procedures performed.
- Botulinum toxin Type A was the most popular minimally-invasive cosmetic procedure last year with about 6.7 million people receiving the facial injections.
- As like the previous years, breast augmentation was the top cosmetic surgical procedure in U.S. last year, retaining the position consistently from 2006.
- Caucasians had the most work done. With a 3% increase from 2013, white people underwent 10.8 million procedures last year followed by Hispanics, African Americans and Asians.
- Eyelid surgery was the most popular among Caucasians and Asians, whereas tummy tuck surgery was in the top spot among African Americans and Hispanics.
- Almost 25,000 women and 1,000 men had lip augmentation last year.
- With over 200,000 rhinoplasty surgeries performed on males last year, nose reshaping is the most popular procedure among men.
- Women between the ages of 40-54 account for the majority of cosmetic procedures (49% of the total). With about 530,000 surgical and 6.7 million minimally-invasive procedures, a total of 7.2 million cosmetic procedures were performed on middle-aged women.
- Teens accounted for about 224,000 total cosmetic procedures in 2014 and the most popular procedures for this group were nose reshaping, male breast reduction, ear surgery, laser hair removal and laser skin resurfacing.
Leading plastic surgery practices across cities in America offer a wide range of options for both men and women. For instance, in a NYC plastic surgery practice, women can choose from several breast augmentation methods and the surgeons would provide them with customized treatment plans to meet their specific goals. The availability of such multiple options could also explain the rising popularity of plastic surgery in the U.S.
The numerous cells in our body age as we get older. It is not possible to halt the aging process but cosmetic surgery can help in delaying the process. When we age, our body areas do show some signs of old age, but the area where aging is most visible is the skin. When the skin appears saggy and loses its youthful glow, you tend to look older than you actually are. The findings of a 2012 study regarding how to overcome this condition provide a ray of hope for aging individuals. Scientists have found out that aging cells are only partly responsible for this decline in skin quality. New studies show that simply by adding more cosmetic filler to the fiber-filled area around the cells help aging skin cells to act like younger cells again.
The study involved injecting the skin of 21 volunteers in their 80s with cosmetic filler often used to reduce facial wrinkles. The filler boosts the ECM or extracellular matrix, filling in the spaces left by aging. The area chosen for injection was the buttocks where the light of day has very little impact. These are the results of the study.
- In a period of over three months, the fibroblasts started expressing collagen-related genes, produced more collagen, and began connecting better to the ECM.
- The entire layer of skin was seen to have grown thicker and blood vessels which nourished the cells were more.
- It showed that when external filler is used to alter the matrix and internal pressure is increased, it is possible to trigger a signal for the cells to wake up.
Fragmentation of the extracellular matrix plays an important role in skin aging but using the filler triggered the cells to act young again. However, the study doesn’t recommend that you apply filler throughout the body to make your cells young again. It gives a broader understanding of the ECM, which helps surgeons in prevention and treatment. This understanding could help surgeons to develop good strategies in conditions related to skin cells.
The study concludes, “… skin cells in elderly people have the capacity to respond robustly in a very positive way to alterations in the mechanical property of their environment.” The study clearly points out the nature of skin cells and possibilities of fillers, which is indeed helpful in developing future treatment options.
More women are considering cosmetic surgery procedures to address their aesthetic concerns and enhance their physical features. Facial cosmetic surgery procedures are becoming very popular among women with their increasing desire to look good on their social profile pages. A new research on the subject suggests that women are seen to be more likeable, attractive and trustworthy after undergoing plastic surgery.
According to an earlier 2012 study, plastic surgery can take nine years off a person’s face, and another study in 2013 in the journal JAMA Facial Plastic Surgery pointed out that plastic surgery makes people look a few years younger, but not necessarily more attractive. However, youthfulness and general attractiveness are not the only criteria that may affect how someone is perceived. Previously, researchers had never addressed whether cosmetic surgery could affect the way a person’s personality is perceived by others. This is what is highlighted in the new 2014 study published in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.
NY City News refers to this study in a recent report. The US research evaluates the observations of the public after a woman had one or more of the procedures, such as a face lift, upper and lower eye lifts, brow lift, neck lift and chin implant. The study included portraits of 30 white women before and after cosmetic surgery. 170 people were asked to rate the portraits of the women on the basis of their attractiveness, femininity and personality traits. The after-surgery photos were trended higher in all the categories. Some impressions that emerged include:
- Wider-set eyes gives a face an air of trustworthiness
- Upturned lips express friendliness and sociability
Those who underwent certain procedures are perceived as having greater social skills, and are considered more attractive and trustworthy. However, it wasn’t apparent which plastic surgery procedures contributed most to the positive impressions.
CoolSculpting is one of the latest innovations in the fat reduction technologies. This non-invasive device by Zeltique Aesthetics gets rid of stubborn fat deposits in various areas by freezing them. While it was introduced to treat the abdomen, thighs and flanks, this novel technology got a boost when the FDA recently approved it to treat a double chin. Fat under the chin and contours the neck is safely and effectively addressed using a special mini applicator, which means that there is no surgery or injections involved.
Safe and Effective Non-invasive Cosmetic Procedure
Double chin fat is a major aesthetic concern among men and women as excessive adipose tissue in this area is not at all responsive to diet and exercise. CoolSculpting Zeltiq is an effective alternative to invasive treatments. NYC plastic surgeons are experts in performing the this innovative procedure and can provide noticeable, long-lasting results and with no downtime.
The device works on advanced cooling technology (cryolipolysis). This specially designed cooling applicator is placed on the treatment site and precisely controlled cooling is delivered to gently and effectively target the fat cells underneath the skin. Only the fat cells are frozen and the procedure does not harm the surrounding tissues. Once crystallized, the fat cells are removed naturally by the body’s metabolic processes.
Unlike larger areas which are addressed using a large device, a more delicate, scaled-down applicator has been developed for double chin treatment. The procedure, which involves the housing of the fat cells in the miniaturized applicator, takes about an hour to perform. On completion, the frozen fat cells appear as a butter-shaped cube underneath the chin which the plastic surgeon can gently massage away. In addition to destroying the fat, the highlight of the procedure is that it does not aggravate the nerves located along the jawline.
Benefits of Choosing CoolSculpting to Address Chin Fat
As it does not require anesthesia, you remain wide awake and comfortable during the treatment. The notable benefits of choosing this non-invasive procedure for fat reduction include:
- Short duration – takes just about one hour
- No knives and suction hoses
- No needles
- No surgical incisions and scars
- Resume normal activities right after the procedure
- Results in just 1-2 visits
In a recent clinical study using the new CoolMini™ applicator, 83% of patients were satisfied with their results and 8 out of 10 patients would recommend the procedure. You can opt for more procedures after two or four months after the initial treatment to achieve more fat reduction.
With the arrival of the holiday season, people are busy thinking about wish lists as well as gifting options. Giving and receiving cosmetic surgical procedures as gifts has become a popular trend during the holiday season, but American Society Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ASAPS) says that there are some things that givers and recipients must know. Here are the recommended guidelines:
- First, the procedure must always be self-motivated whether you pay the bill or someone else pays it. It’s not a good idea to have a plastic surgery procedure just because a dear one gifted it to you or suggested it. The decision to go ahead should be yours.
- Not everyone is a good candidate for plastic surgery. Whether liposuction, a facelift or Botox treatment, you would need to be evaluated by a qualified plastic surgeon to determine your candidature for the procedure. People with medical issues are not considered good candidates for most cosmetic surgical treatments.
- You need to have realistic expectations about the outcome of the procedure that is gifted to you. It’s also crucial that you know about the risks involved as all surgery comes with potential risk of complications. Of course, with the right surgeon and the use of advanced techniques, such issues are minimal. However, you should ask your surgeon to educate you on both the benefits and risks involved with the treatment as this will help you take an informed decision.
- If you are gifted a procedure, it is your responsibility to choose a qualified surgeon and make sure that the surgery is carried out in an accredited surgical practice. It’s important that the surgeon is experienced in performing the procedure that is gifted to you.
Having plastic surgery should be a well planned decision and not one made in haste. A self-motivated, well-informed patient is most likely to have a pleasant experience and satisfactory outcome.
Science and technology has enhanced the way plastic surgery is performed as well as increased the options available for men and women. However, there are still a lot of myths associated with plastic surgery. We attempt to debunk some of the common rumors to help you make an informed decision.
- Plastic surgery is the same as cosmetic surgery: Cosmetic surgery is separate sub-specialty in plastic surgery and focuses on improving aesthetic appearance with procedures covering areas from head to toe. Plastic surgery involves fixing facial and body defects due to birth disorders, trauma, burns, and disease to restore functionality and is reconstructive in nature.
- Artificial substances are used: There is a general tendency to misinterpret the word plastic as meaning ‘artificial’. The truth is that it is derived from the Greek word ‘plastikos’ which means ‘to mold or give form to’. While artificial implants are used in many procedures, the current trend is to use the patient’s own fat for reconstruction and enhancement.
- Treatment does not leave scars: It’s not practical to think that a plastic surgery procedure would not leave any scars. However, an experienced surgeon would see that scarring is inconspicuous by placing the incisions in discreet locations such as the natural crease lines. Moreover, the use of modern technologies would also ensure minimal scarring. Your skin type and extent of sun exposure would also determine how well the scars heal after the procedure.
- These procedures are only for the rich and famous: It’s true that, at one time, plastic surgery was a prerogative of celebrities. But things have changed and now anybody who is healthy and has realistic expectations can enhance their looks and self-confidence with the right treatment.
- It’s only for women: This was also true some years ago, but not any longer. Competition in the workplace and the desire to improve their social life are the main factors driving the demand for plastic surgery among men. Popular procedures for men include hi-def liposuction for six-pack abs and gynecomastia treatment.
- Results last forever: No, they do not. For instance, breast implants would have to be replaced at some point of time. For treatments such as liposuction, results can be maintained only with a healthy diet and exercise.
Before you go in for treatment, do your research well. There is a lot of information available online and not everything is accurate. A qualified, experienced plastic surgeon would provide satisfactory answers to all your questions.
CoolSculpting is a relatively new body contouring modality but has become a popular option since it was introduced. Both plastic surgeons and patients have found it an effective non-surgical technique to eliminate some stubborn fat deposits. The abdomen is one of the most fat-prone areas in the body and many men and women who want to address this aesthetic concern wonder if this procedure that gently freezes fat to destroy it will work. The answer is yes – if you are the right candidate.
Of course, conventional laser liposuction can also work to remove excess fat deposits, but it is minimally-invasive, meaning that there are small incisions involved. The revolutionary CoolSculpting procedure is non-invasive and provides great results with little or no downtime. It is FDA-cleared, safe and effective.
The treatment is based on Cryolipolysis, the non-surgical breaking down of fat cells to reduce body fat without damage to other tissues. A specially designed cooling applicator is placed on the treatment site to precisely target the fat deposits and controlled cooling is applied. The frozen fat is then eliminated through the body’s natural metabolic processes.
The exclusive benefits of this non-invasive procedure include
- No knives and suction hoses
- No needles or anesthetic
- No surgical incisions or scars
- No bruising or soreness
- No damage adjacent tissue
CoolSculpting works well on people are close to their ideal body weight and havesome excess abdominal fat. It also works for to resolve love handles, muffin tops, and thigh fat. It reduces the thickness of the fat layer, which improves the appearance of the treated area. The length of a session would depend on the number of areas treated. However, unlike lip, additional sessions may be needed to achieve the results you are looking for.
Like liposuction, CoolSculpting not a weight loss procedure and is not for those who have a lot of stubborn abdominal fat. It provides the best results for those who want to remove small deposits of unwanted fat and contour abdomen. Results are usually visible in about three weeks, but improve greatly in about two months.