If your goal for this New Year is to find ways to look and feel your best, it is time to look out for innovative aesthetic treatments. Whether your resolution for 2018 is to treat the lines between your brows or to remove body fat that is resistant to diet and exercise, there are non-invasive and minimally invasive body contouring treatments you can consider. Life Minute.tv recently published a video that discusses some 10-minute beauty treatments that can help you achieve your New Year goals.
Video player from: Dailymotion
The LifeMinute Team checked out treatments such as XEOMIN, BodyTite and FaceTite and the video also explains the benefits of these procedures, and how they work.
XEOMIN – If you want to tackle those lines and wrinkles between the eyebrows, XEOMIN would be perfect. This is a highly purified and FDA-approved in-office neurotoxin treatment that is used to temporarily improve the look of moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows in adults. These prescription medications block the release of chemicals that cause muscle contractions, thus softening frown lines.
- BodyTite – This safe and effective minimally-invasive body contouring device from InMode provides exceptional contouring and fat coagulation without the excision, scars or downtime associated with traditional liposuction. This RFAL (Radio-Frequency Assisted Lipolysis) procedure can be provided under local anesthesia or light sedation. Its deep heating promotes significant body tightening, often with soft tissue contraction. The system’s unprecedented remodeling of collagenous tissue alleviates concerns regarding compromised skin remaining in the treatment area.
- FaceTite – This is a minimally-invasive contouring solution for the face and small areas of the body that offers results like a facelift. Powered by RFAL (Radio-Frequency Assisted Lipolysis), this InMode system provides superior internal and external lipolysis, resulting in three-dimensional remodeling of the fibrous septa.
With BodyTite and FaceTite, patients can reduce fat without leaving behind saggy, wrinkly skin. They can also enjoy benefits such as no scars, less downtime and long-lasting, beautiful results.
With many years of experience in performing diverse plastic surgery procedures, plastic surgeons at Manhattan-based bodySCULPT® are also experts in providing Radio-Frequency Assisted Liposuction procedures like BodyTite and BodyFX. With BodyTite liposuction surgery, they help patients achieve their beauty goals by removing unwanted fat from areas such as the abdomen, hips, buttocks, thighs, knees, arms, and back.
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) reported that breast augmentation ranked first among the top five cosmetic surgical procedures in 2016. In leading plastic surgery practices that offer breast augmentation in New York City, the procedure is performed using various types of FDA-approved implants. According to the ASPS, in 2016, silicone implants were used in 84% and saline implants in 16% of all breast augmentations.
The FDA approves implants for increasing breast size in women, for reconstruction after breast cancer surgery or trauma, and to correct developmental defects. Implants are also approved to correct or improve the result of a previous surgery. However, the safety of breast implants is under scrutiny, especially with regard to the potential link between implants and cancer risk and how serious the risk is.
The FDA recently updated its understanding and warnings concerning cancer linked to breast implants. The FDA has identified a possible association between breast implants and the development of anaplastic large cell lymphoma (ALCL), a rare form of non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma. The FDA believes that breast implants that have textured surfaces pose an extremely low but increased risk of breast implant-associated anaplastic large cell lymphoma (BIA-ALCL). However, a recent www.brooklynpaper.com report points out that BIA-ALCL is not cancer-“It is important to note that this is not a form of breast cancer, but a separate strain of cancer that can be found in the skin or lymph nodes”. In a Mayo Clinic report, an expert notes that that the FDA’s warning doesn’t mean that breast implants with textured surfaces cause BIA-ALCL. The report from Mayo Clinic says, “Further research is needed to fully understand the relationship between the condition and breast implants”.
In the light of these reports, here are some important things you should know if you are considering breast implant surgery:
- Breast implants continue to be a generally safe option for those seeking augmentation or reconstruction.
- According to the FDA, BIA-ALCL is rare.
- According to the ASPS:
- Breast implant-associated anaplastic large cell lymphoma (BIA-ALCL) is a rare and highly treatable type of lymphoma.
- The most recent data available shows that in the U.S., the lifetime risk of association between breast implants and ALCL is 1 in 30,000 patients with textured implants.
- Careful reviews of scientific research by independent groups such as the Institute of Medicine have not found any link between breast implants and autoimmune or other systemic diseases.
- Educate yourself before having breast augmentation. FDA-approved saline and silicone breast implants come in different sizes and shapes and have either smooth or textured shells.
- Weigh the potential benefits in achieving your goals with the risks and potential complications of the procedure. Discuss all your concerns with your plastic surgeon.
- Monitor your breast implants as instructed by your plastic surgeon. If you notice any changes, schedule an appointment with your health care provider.
- If you have silicone gel-filled breast implants, get periodic magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) to detect ruptures as advised by your physician.
New York City plastic surgeons provide educational materials to their patients before surgery and discuss all benefits and risks of the different types of implants with them. They also provide routine care, follow-up, and support to their patients with breast implants.
Brazilian butt lift in NYC is the latest trend among women who want a booty boost. BBL trends seem to be popularized by celebrity stars such as Jennifer Lopez, Kim Kardashian and Beyoncé and others who have inspired women with their voluptuous figures and curvaceous butts. BBL has taken the lead over breast implant surgery and was the topmost performed procedure in 2016. According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), BBL or buttock augmentation using fat grafting increased by 26% in 2016.
Many women now prefer the fat transfer procedure over implants as it can create results that are natural looking and can be customized to each candidate’s preferences. Similar to breast augmentation, this procedure is not all about size, but about enhancing the shape of your butt along with volume enhancement.
The classic Brazilian butt lift involves two components: the first is fat grafting NYC with the application of precise liposuction to the areas such as back (the area directly above the butt), stomach, thighs and area surrounding the butt to help it stand out and maximize the body’s natural curves. In the second step, the fat is purified after liposuction procedure, reducing it down to a fraction of that which was originally extracted and finally, the refined fat is transferred back to the buttocks.
The reason why BBL has become the biggest trend in plastic surgery could be the results the procedure provides. The procedure helps you achieve the look you have dreamt of without diet and exercise. BBL provides natural looking results as it as it simply involves adding more fat to the existing fat on your posterior. The surgeon will remove fat from where you don’t want it and put it exactly where you want it to help you achieve a curvy, well-shaped butt. In addition to providing youthful and aesthetically balanced enhancement, BBL also helps sustain the look.
One thing to remember is that this procedure is customized and not everyone has fat taken from the exact same spots. A good candidate for BBL is the one who has the best donor fat cells that have to be re-injected back into the buttocks for augmentation. Fat often has to be suctioned from more than one area of the body in order to get enough fat to re-inject into the buttocks.
The best place to have a Brazilian butt lift in NYC is in an AAAASF-accredited surgical practice. Leading practices have surgeons who are experienced and skilled in performing the procedure. They are knowledgeable about maintaining the balance between fat removal and addition to provide optimal body contouring results. Each patient would be evaluated individually to understand their personal goals, which will promote optimal outcomes.