Brazilian butt lift surgery in NYC plastic surgery practice is a great option for women seeking a curvier, well-shaped posterior – without implants. The procedure involves removing fat from areas where you have it in excess, purifying it, and then injecting it into the buttocks. If you are the right candidate, a skilled and experienced surgeon can provide attractive results.
After a butt lift, you can expect some bruising and swelling in the areas from where the fat cells were collected. During the recovery period, taking the right measures can promote safe, smooth and faster recovery. Here are some important points to note about recovery after the treatment:
- In most of the cases, patients can resume walking in a day or two following the procedure
- If you see fluid tinged with blood, don’t panic. It is quite normal and will resolve in a few days.
- Use the compression garment as advised in the areas where liposuction was performed. Wearing the garment for up to eight weeks will promote healing by helping the skin to retract. It will also reduce swelling and discomfort.
- For the first eight weeks after the procedure, try not to sit directly on your buttocks. In case you need to sit, place pillow behind your legs to avoid putting pressure on the fat graft.
- Sleep on your stomach or sides till you recover fully.
- Avoid high impact activities immediately after the surgery. Start with light activities as you start to recover. Normal activities can be resumed six to eight weeks after the procedure.
- Drink plenty of water and stick to a healthy diet all through the recovery period.
Complications are rare when the procedure is performed by an experienced plastic surgeon. If you happen to experience any untoward discomfort or pain, contact your plastic surgeon immediately.