Brazilian butt lift is a very popular cosmetic procedure that is credited for the wonderful buttock enhancement and contouring it can offer. Considering this increased interest, established plastic surgery practices in NYC are offering Brazilian butt lift procedure. This technique makes use of your own body fat from other parts of your body that act as donor areas. The fat is removed through liposuction which is then processed, purified and injected into the buttocks to improve the volume and shape. A successful procedure offers you natural looking outcome while eliminating all implant related risks.
Speaking of its other advantages, the donor area gets contoured while the buttocks achieve the desired extra volume. However, for the procedure to be complete and to experience utmost benefits, you should pass the final phase-i.e. butt lift recovery. The most important thing to understand is that the transferred fat is fragile. So take extreme care not to damage or hurt the transplanted fat so that you will have a smooth recovery and enjoy optimal and lasting results. Here are some tips that can ensure you a safe and speedy recovery.
- You are advised not to sit for more than 1 hour at a time during the first month after the buttock augmentation procedure. This is to ensure that the transplanted fat survives. No sitting is usually allowed for ten days post operatively except when using the toilet. Plastic surgeons would advise their patients to limit sitting down for the first 3 – 4 weeks after surgery. If you need to sit, use a well-padded seat for short periods, not more than 10 minutes at a time. A compression garment has to be worn for up to 4 – 6 weeks after surgery. The final results are usually realized after approximately 6 months.
- Even though it is not as bad as sitting, it is good to avoid squatting and stretching during the initial post-op period. This is to avoid the significant shear and tear stress that the tissues may be subjected to.
- Swimming and hot tubs are best avoided for at least 4 weeks after your procedure. This is to ensure that the skin’s ability to get oxygen where it is needed is not interrupted.
- Make sure to wear the compression garment recommended by your plastic surgeon. This will help prevent tissue swelling and speed up the overall healing process.
- Stay away from any strenuous activity for up to four weeks after the procedure. So don’t engage even in hard exercises that cause you to sweat. This would help your donor site to heal fast and also ensure you well-contoured buttocks.
- Get plenty of rest and follow a balanced diet, take pain medication as prescribed and avoid habits such as smoking. Avoid exposing the scars to the sun for at least 12 months.
- Meet your surgeon during the follow-up dates for any further instructions.
A good Brazilian butt lift surgeon would give you a complete set of instructions to follow for a quick recovery. In a good NYC plastic surgery, you are not only ensured a constructive consultation experience with the surgeon providing you with all the details you need about the procedure, but also excellent follow-up consultation where he/she would evaluate your progress and make the necessary recommendations.
Would you like to know more about BBL procedure? Dr Chia, board certified plastic surgeon at bodySCULPT, NYC explains about the BBL procedure in this podcast.