Getting a Brazilian butt lift in NYC is a feasible option for women who want a well-shaped curvy posterior without the hassle of implants. This innovative cosmetic surgical procedure allows you to achieve attractive, natural-looking buttocks using your own fat. In fact, Brazilian Butt Lift surgery is the latest trend among women who want a booty boost and an all-natural way to refine the proportions of the body.
Fat is removed via liposuction from other areas of the body (typically the stomach, hips, and thighs), and transferred to the buttocks. Skilled surgeons will perform additional liposuction around the butt to improve the appearance of surrounding areas for more attractive results. While the surgeon’s skill is paramount to achieving optimal outcomes, a lot depends on how you handle the recovery phase, especially when it comes to following your surgeon’s post-operative instructions. Proper postsurgical care is crucial for a smooth, safe recovery and good results.
Usually, the final results of this buttock augmentation procedure are seen approximately in 6 months after the treatment. It is necessary to take proper care of your skin and body after the procedure to obtain optimal results and increase the survivability of the graft taken. Here are some important tips for recovery from a Brazilian butt lift:
- Initial recovery: It’s quite common to experience slight swelling and bruising soon after the procedure, but these subside in few days. Depending on your level of discomfort, your plastic surgeons will prescribe certain pain medications. Taking the prescribed medications can help manage the initial pain, swelling and bruising.
- Sitting: One of the most important post-operative instructions involves avoiding sitting and lying on the behind after this procedure in order to maximize the survivability of the fat graft. Sitting during the recovery period is harmful to the new fat graft because it exerts a tremendous crushing pressure on the sensitive cells and tissues. If you need to sit, use a donut pillow or inflatable pillow.
- Compression garment: Patients are usually advised to wear a compression garment for up to 4-6 weeks after the surgery. This helps prevent tissue swelling and also enables the operated areas to heal properly and quickly.
- Strenuous activity: Most patients resume walking within a day’s time. But it’s advisable to avoid high impact activities for up to 4 weeks after the procedure. This will help the donor site heal faster and also improve the outcomes. You can generally resume exercise after six to eight weeks.
- Lymphatic massage: Your surgeon may advise you to seek a lymphatic massage from a licensed massage therapist as it may help to promote healing and enhance the appearance of skin around the treatment area.
- Avoid swimming and hot tubs for at least 4 weeks after your procedure.
- Avoid exposing the scars to the sun for at least 12 months.
- To speed healing, take adequate rest, follow a balanced diet, and avoid smoking and alcohol consumption.
- Contact your surgeon if you experience any unusual symptoms or problems such as infection and keep your follow-up appointments.
Brazilian Butt Lift under local anesthesia is a relatively new concept invented by leading NYC plastic surgeons Dr. Spero Theodorou and Dr. Christopher T. Chia of bodySCULPT®.