The abdomen is one of the areas where stubborn fat tends to get stored. So it’s hardly surprising that tummy tuck surgery is a popular treatment among both men and women. A plastic surgeon who is experienced in performing the procedure can provide personalized solutions. The treatment removes excess fat and skin and tightens the muscles to result in an abdominal contour that is trimmer, smoother and firmer.
The preparation phase of the abdominoplasty procedure is really important. Preparing well can promote smooth recovery and contribute to the end results. Here is what you should do:
- Before the treatment, see that you get your lab testing done and complete your medical evaluation.
- If you take any medications, ask your surgeon if you can continue to take them during the weeks before the surgery. Your medical history and its impact on the procedure will be considered and adjustments will be made to your medication if necessary.
- Ask your surgeon if there are any restrictions on physical activities before the treatment and follow his advice on the matter.
- Do not smoke for at least two weeks before and after the treatment as it can increase your risk of complications and cause healing problems.
- Eat a well-balanced diet and keep yourself healthy to avoid the possibilities of any illness that would affect your treatment plan.
- See that you make your home recovery-ready well before the surgery day. Keep your home clean and store food and other necessary items you will need. It is necessary to keep things handy and easy to find.
- Have some comfortable clothes ready.
Choose a qualified and experienced plastic surgeon. The right surgeon would be ready to answer all your questions and provide you with proper guidance on what you should do during the pre-surgical phase.