Are you longing for a sleek and well-defined body profile but are not ready to go under the knife? Then advanced minimally invasive body shaping solutions such as VASER Liposuction offered at reliable NYC practices can be a good choice. You should consider any cosmetic procedure only as a last resort when all your natural weight loss options such as diet and exercise go futile. This procedure can address almost all body areas such as the abdomen, back, breasts, buttocks, face, flanks, hips, neck, knees and upper arm. Unlike other treatments, Vaser Lipo is distinctive as it can distinguish targeted fat from the surrounding nerves, blood vessels and connective tissue.
The procedure retains the viability of the extracted fat cells for use in fat transfer procedures. The skin contracts to provide smooth, natural-looking results with only minimal pain, scarring and bleeding and bruising. Just like the preparation and treatment phase, the aftercare phase is very important to ensure an optimal outcome.
Ensuring smooth retraction of skin, monitoring of infection, speeding up recovery are all important when it comes to good aftercare. Taking into account certain considerations can help you enjoy speedy recovery:
- It is good to wear compression or recovery garments during the period. This will help with circulation and reduce swelling in addition to providing support to the area. Try to arrange someone to assist you when you first have to change or remove these garments.
- There is nothing to worry if you see leaking during the initial days as it is normal following the treatment.
- There may be minimal swelling.
- Also, there can be swelling and bruising even in body areas not related to the treatment. It is part of your body getting adjusted with the changes and would subside soon.
- It is important to remain active during the recovery time. Take a walk and simply keep moving when possible to avoid swelling. Give about four weeks’ time before working out. Start off with light activities and gradually go for intensive exercises as long as your body tolerates it.
- Eat a balanced diet during the phase and continue it by avoiding sugary, fatty and processed foods to maintain the results.
Have a self check during the recovery period to see if there is any infection which could slow down the recovery. If there is infection, seek timely medical help.