Tummy tuck or abdominoplasty is a popular cosmetic surgery procedure that helps achieve a flat and toned abdomen. Plastic surgeons recommend abdominoplasty if you have loose, sagging skin and lack of muscle tone in your abdominal region. The downside of losing weight is that you may be left with loose skin folds and weakened muscle tone once the fat is lost from your tummy. Another reason for flaccid abdominal skin in women is pregnancy. The skin that gets stretched during pregnancy may not return to its pre-pregnancy state. A tummy tuck is the perfect solution if you are unhappy with how your tummy looks. You can undergo this surgical procedure in a Manhattan plastic surgery practice where experienced plastic surgeons offer their services.
Types of Tummy Tuck
Complete Tummy Tuck: In this procedure, excess fat and skin are removed and the abdominal muscles tightened to provide a slim, firm abdomen. Two incisions are required, one in the lower abdomen spanning from one hip to the other; and the second one around the navel.
Partial Abdominoplasty (Mini Tummy Tuck): This is advised when you have only a small amount of excess abdominal skin and there is no considerable protruding of the abdominal muscle wall. In this surgery, the navel is not repositioned. Recovery is faster compared to a complete abdominoplasty.
Liposuction-only Abdominoplasty: If you are young, with moderate fat deposits and elastic skin, you may need only this procedure. Better results are ensured if you have good abdominal muscle tone.
You may be asked to wear a compression garment after the surgery to provide support and help with the healing process. There may be slight bruising and swelling for a few weeks, which will gradually disappear.
Advantages of Tummy Tuck
When provided by an experienced plastic surgeon at an advanced plastic surgery suite, the treatment offers the following benefits.
- This procedure provides a flat belly by removing excess fat and tightening the skin.
- It ensures a youthful appearance to your body.
- It removes stretch marks.
- Minimal side effects and complications.
Body Contouring Workstations Used for Liposuction
When liposuction is done for abdominal contouring, the following advanced workstations are used.
- Smartlipo Triplex: This is a laser-assisted plastic surgery device that utilizes three powerful laser wave lengths of 1064nm, 1440nm and 1320nm. This device disrupts localized fat tissue and also tightens the skin providing a smooth contour. It has intelligent delivery systems that control energy delivery and prevent overheating. It is a great option for six-pack abdominal laser etching.
- BodyTite: It is a device that uses radiofrequency energy for liposuction, liquefying fat, tightening the skin and coagulating the blood vessels thereby minimizing bleeding and trauma.
- Vaserlipo: This innovative system can remove fat from targeted areas without disturbing nearby nerves, blood vessels and connective tissue. It uses ultrasonic energy to break down fat with minimal trauma and pain.
When planning to undergo tummy tuck in Manhattan, make sure that you consult an experienced plastic surgeon who can provide optimal results. Clarify all your doubts about the procedure so that you can take an informed decision and maintain realistic expectations.