Established plastic surgery practices in NYC offer the advanced Kybella injection for men and women looking for a non-surgical double chin treatment. This FDA approved injectable drug melts away the fat in the area and helps restore definition to the jaw and neckline. Individuals looking to have the treatment want to know more about it and here, we provide the answers to some of the frequently asked questions on Kybella injections.
- What is the KYBELLA® injection? This is an injectable drug and the first and only approved non-surgical procedure to resolve a double chin. Deoxycholic acid is a molecule that occurs naturally in the body and assists in the breakdown and absorption of dietary fat, and Kybella is its synthetic form.
- What is the duration of a treatment session? In normal cases, a treatment session takes about 15 minutes to get completed. A typical treatment involves a maximum of 50 injections.
- What does a typical injection involve? Each injection will contain 0.2 mL of the drug (up to a total of 10 mL), and is spaced 1-cm apart.
- Who is a right candidate for the treatment? A person with consolidated fat deposits and fullness underneath the chin is an ideal candidate for Kybella treatment. Those with a lot of loose and hanging skin cannot achieve good results with the procedure.
- Is physical fitness a necessary attribute to qualify for the treatment? Yes, you should be medically fit to take up the treatment. You have to be open about your general health with your surgeon. The surgeon should be informed about: your plans for any other facial procedures, the treatments you had on your face, if you are pregnant, and any medical conditions in the neck area.
- Why is it crucial that a skilled and experienced plastic surgeon performs the procedure? Only an expert would be able to administer the injections correctly and safety without damaging the surrounding tissues. The right surgeon would ensure that the injections are not placed too close to the marginal mandibular nerve, as this can affect the smile.
- Does the procedure have any side effects? Yes, there can be swelling, bruising, pain, numbness, redness, and areas of hardness in the treatment area.
- What is the expected recovery time? With minimal bruising, swelling, downtime and discomfort, recovery is quick, though it is recommended that strenuous activity is avoided for at least 48 hours after the treatment.
- When can I see the results after getting the injection? Noticeable results can be seen 3-4 weeks after the procedure and outcomes will improve with further treatments. Results are long lasting.
To take an informed decision, choose a good plastic surgeon who specialized in the procedure and is ready to answer all your queries about the Kybella injection.