Understanding the Basics of Ultrasonic Liposuction
Ultrasonic liposuction also known as ultrasonic assisted liposuction (UAL) is an advanced form of vaser liposuction, extensively being used for effective removal of excess body fat. Vaser liposuction is an ultrasonic liposuction procedure that makes use of sound waves to disrupt the targeted fat while leaving the surrounding area unharmed. This is a minimally invasive procedure that can be used to remove fat from almost all body parts such as the abdomen, thighs, arms, breasts, back, ankles, hips, chin and knees. This procedure is fast, precise and safe and ensures optimum results.
Points to Note before Undergoing Vaser Ultrasonic Liposuction
- Body contouring in today’s world is as much an art as it is a highly advanced medical area of expertise. The first and most important step is to choose a certified and experienced plastic surgeon who can address all your aesthetic concerns in the best possible way. In Manhattan, New York City there are reputable plastic surgeons you can approach.
- A proper skin assessment and the treatment that is best for you needs to be ascertained.
- The safety measures and their effectiveness, especially your expectations should be discussed in detail.
Liposuction Surgery – The Procedure
- First, a tumescent fluid is injected into the fatty layer so that the targeted area expands thus enabling easy removal of the fat cells.
- A cannula that is specially designed is inserted into the body through a small incision to deliver the required amount of ultrasonic energy to the targeted area to liquefy the fat.
- The loose fat cells mixed with the tumescent fluid are removed via gentle suction.
- Pain is minimal due to less bruising and less blood loss.
- Can be used for areas considered challenging for traditional liposuction methods. Vaser ultrasonic liposuction can be used for fat removal from the following body parts:
- Female and male breasts
- Love handles
- Can be performed under local anesthesia.
- Vaser 2.0 helps in achieving great results with a natural and smooth look.
- Benefit from an improved body contour.
- Effective skin tightening.
- Precise contouring of delicate areas.
- Improved self confidence.
VASER ultrasonic liposuction is an advanced procedure typically performed on an outpatient basis. Recovery may not happen overnight. There are some measures that you need to follow to ensure a speed recovery. Light activities can be resumed immediately and normal activities in a few days time. Ensure that you approach a reliable plastic surgeon who will evaluate your health status and create a customized treatment plan to help meet your goals.