Aging, excessive weight loss and pregnancy can cause the breasts to sag, affecting a woman’s overall appearance and also her self-confidence. It’s hardly surprising that more and more women are choosing to have breast lift surgery in NYC where there are surgeons who are experts in the procedure.
The procedure raises the breasts to an aesthetically pleasing position, resulting in a more youthful, attractive profile. It corrects concerns such as downward pointing nipples and nipple/areola located below the breast crease. While an experienced surgeon in an NYC plastic surgery facility can provide patients with customized treatment and optimal results, every woman should understand what recovery following breast lift surgery involves.
- On the day following the surgery, you will be advised to move out of bed, but only for short periods of time. Moving around comfortably and normally may be possible only several days after the treatment.
- In order to avoid pressure on your breasts, you will be instructed to sleep on your back for the initial week.
- Within a few days of surgery, surgical drains, if any, will be removed. Your dressings will also be changed or removed.
- You may feel stiffness and soreness on your chest region during the first week after the procedure.
- You can expect to return to work within a week after the treatment, though this can vary depending on how fast you heal.
- Patients are advised to wear a support bra for a few weeks, until the swelling and discoloration diminishes.
- Your stitches will be removed in stages over a period of three weeks.
- The incisions will initially be red or pink and will continue to be so for months following the surgery.
- You will be able to resume most of your normal activities, including some form of mild exercise, only several weeks following the surgery. Start off slowly and gradually increase the pace of activity based on what you can tolerate.
- Some patients report diminished sensation in the nipple and areola areas. This is usually temporary and will become normal in some weeks or months.
- Surgeons typically recommend follow-up office visits at week 1, month 1, month 4, and 1 year.
Regardless of whether you’re considering breast lift surgery in NYC, the bottom line is to find a reliable NYC plastic surgeon. Choosing the right plastic surgeon in NYC will ensure a personalized treatment plan and comprehensive care until complete recovery.