Being a mom is a delightful experience, but weight gain, sagging skin, and other bodily changes can impact a woman’s confidence. Fortunately, plastic surgeons in New York offer a variety of mommy makeover procedures to help women restore their pre-pregnancy shape. You can get a customized solution to meet your specific needs.
What is a Mommy Makeover?
Women face certain aesthetic issues after pregnancy such as:
- Stubborn fat deposits, excess skin, and lax muscles in the abdominal area and other areas
- Loss of breast volume
- Breast sag
- Wrinkles and stretch marks
A mommy makeover is a combination of cosmetic surgical procedures designed to address these concerns. Women can choose from a variety of treatments based on their needs. The most popular options are liposuction, tummy tuck surgery or abdominoplasty, breast augmentation, breast lift surgery and lower body lift.
Popular Mommy Makeover Treatments
- Liposuction: Lipolysis removes excess fat that refuses to respond to exercise and diet plans. The procedure can address stubborn fat deposits in multiple areas such as the abdomen, hips, thighs, buttocks, arms and neck.
- Tummy Tuck: This procedure removes fat and tightens the excess skin in the abdominal region. Also known as abdominoplasty, it trims and restores the natural contour of the mid-section.
- Breast Augmentation: This procedure involves using breast implants to enhance breast size and contour, and correct any asymmetry.
- Breast Lift: During pregnancy, the breast ligaments might stretch and lose their elasticity and firmness. Mastopexy or breast lift is a surgical procedure that lifts sagging breasts and restores youthful contour.
- Lower Body Lift: A body lift removes excess fat and sagging skin. It tones the lower body by tightening the underlying tissues. A lower body lift usually includes a thigh
Preparing for Your Mommy Makeover
Based on your considerations, preferences, and the specific procedure performed, mommy makeover surgeries may use general anesthesia or local anesthesia. Following your surgeon’s pre- and post-operative instructions is important for a comfortable surgical experience and smooth and quick healing. Here are the guidelines you can expect:
- Get a medical evaluation and lab tests
- Take the prescribed medications and adjust your current medications
- Stop smoking as it can affect the body’s healing capacity
- Avoid aspirin, anti-inflammatory medicines, and herbal supplements that can increase bleeding
- Arrange for support with personal or child care needs
You can customize your mommy makeover package by choosing procedures based on your needs. Plastic surgeons in New York City use the latest technologies to perform body contouring procedures. They can combine different procedures without compromising your health. Choose an experienced plastic surgeon, one you are comfortable with and with whom you can freely discuss your concerns and goals.