Otoplasty/ear reshaping surgery is done to correct protruding or deformed ears and thereby improve symmetry and balance. The ears contribute strongly to the overall symmetry of the face. Enlarged ears can be a rather embarrassing problem for both adults and children. bodySCULPT® – a plastic surgery practice in Manhattan, provides ear surgery that can make your ears less prominent or make them appear more symmetrical, thus bringing balance to the entire face.
Achieve Remarkable Improvement in Your Facial Appearance
The procedure is performed at our AAAASF-accredited plastic surgery practice in NYC. We can skillfully correct prominent or deformed ears, drooping ears, torn earlobes, shell ear, and microtia. Understanding the true nature of the problem, we provide the right solution to reduce the size of overdeveloped and/or enlarged ears. Ear reduction surgery is provided for children as young as four or five years old, and for adults.
Our plastic surgeons in NYC will perform the following:
- Leave the size of your ear as it is and reduce only the projection
- Pin the ears back
- Reduce surplus cartilage in the ears
- Correct ear asymmetry through reduction and shaping
Why bodySCULPT® for Ear Surgery
Our goal is to provide you with the ultimate experience – all while ensuring maximum comfort and safety. During your consultation, we will help you understand your procedure, the scheduling of your surgery, and your post-operative care.
- We utilize advanced techniques to address all the components of the ear deformity.
- The ears can be repositioned through small hidden incisions (in creases behind the ear).
- Any scars will be hidden, either behind the ear or in the natural creases of the ear.
- Patients can resume normal activities within a few days after the procedure and attain full recovery in a few weeks’ time.
Have More Questions? Call Us Today
Have more questions about the otoplasty procedure or recovery? Call 1-800-282-7285 or email us at email@example.com. We also offer the option of a secure virtual consultation.