Frequently Asked Questions
bodySCULPT® is the only plastic surgery group in NYC to focus exclusively on body contouring. Our name says it.
- Our plastic surgeons are fully trained in all aspects of aesthetic plastic surgery. They focus on body contouring exclusively, and the more a surgeon does a particular procedure, the better he gets at it. This accounts for their expertise.
- We have performed the highest number of Smartlipo treatments in the country.
- Our surgeons authored the largest published series of Smartlipo procedures in the U.S.
- Leaders in the field of body contouring, they are teaching faculty to ASAPS members. They are also section editors for the prestigious Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Journal.
- Front-runners in the use of local anesthesia for aesthetic procedures, they authored the largest published series in the US for laser-assisted liposuction under local anesthesia.
- bodySCULPT® surgeons are specialized in diverse body contouring procedures ranging from liposuction to breast augmentation, face lift and neck liposuction. They use the most modern, advanced body contouring technology.
- Our plastic surgeons are the first to perform the Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL) under local anesthesia. Also performed as a weekend procedure, BBL offers benefits such as safer procedure, less bruising, less pain, less downtime and no hospital stay. Get your body beach ready in two weeks.
- bodySCULPT® is the only BodyTite Center of Excellence in Manhattan, NYC
- Our plastic surgeons are the inventors of the Scarless Arm Lift procedure (BodyTite on Arms)
- They were selected by Thieme Publishing, Inc to write the first authoritative plastic surgery textbook on body contouring and technology. The title of the book they wrote is "Emerging Technologies in Face and Body Contouring."
- bodySCULPT is one of the first plastic surgery centers in the U.S. to introduce InMode's state-of-the-art technologies – EVOKE and EVOLVE.
- At bodySCULPT, you can expect the highest standards of surgical craftsmanship and patient care.
"We figure it out so you don't have to." Leaders in technology-based body contouring, our surgeons are at the forefront in using cutting edge technology for body contouring. Our surgeons are experts in utilizing innovative technologies such as Smartlipo, BodyTite, VASER Lipo, EVOKE, EVOLVE, AccuTite, and FaceTite. During your consultation, our surgeon will help you navigate through the myriad of cosmetic surgery options.
Reconstructive surgery is carried out to rectify abnormalities in parts of the body that are the result of birth defects, trauma, developmental difficulties, infection, cancer, or other diseases. It helps to restore or improve the functioning of the affected body part. Aesthetic plastic surgery, on the other hand, is aimed at enhancing or restoring a person’s physical appearance or beauty, and uses surgical or medical techniques to contour areas of the face or body.
Plastic surgery can treat most body area that needs enhancement. The most commonly treated areas include the breasts, abdomen, flanks, waist, thighs, hips, buttocks, arms, and legs.
Varying with the particular situation, the procedure chosen, and the technique applied, the average duration of a surgery may be between 2 and 3 hours. More complex cases might require several hours to complete.
All plastic surgery procedures are performed in our AAAASF-accredited surgical center on an outpatient basis.
Most procedures are done under general anesthesia. Some techniques can be easily performed under local anesthesia, though this will depend on factors such as the type of surgery, length of surgery, complexity, and the patient’s overall health. The development in the non-invasive surgical technologies allows liposuction procedures, facelifts, and blepharoplasty to be performed under local anesthesia.
SmartLipo Triplex is a laser-assisted lipolysis system that uses three laser wavelengths to liquefy and remove stubborn fat from virtually all parts of the body. Smartlipo laser liposuction is a minimally invasive procedure that has great skin and tissue tightening effects.
Yes, SmartLipo Triplex is a safe, virtually painless procedure performed under local anesthesia.
Laser body sculpting is an ideal option for men and women who have excess body fat that does not respond to diet and exercise. Ideal candidates should be in good health and close to their normal body weight. It’s also important for patients to have realistic expectations about the results. A consultation with our plastic surgeons can help determine whether you can undergo the procedure and the results you can expect.
The final outcome will vary from person to person. You can expect to see the initial results within two weeks and the final results with optimal skin tightening effects, within six months.
BodyTite™ is an innovative device from InMode that uses radiofrequency-assisted liposuction (RFAL) technology to remove unwanted fat from various parts of the body safely and effectively. The minimally-invasive BodyTite procedure is also helps with cellulite reduction.
VASER stands for Vibration Amplification of Sound Energy at Resonance. This minimally-invasive liposuction procedure uses ultrasound technology to gently reshape the body. The procedure removes stubborn fat safely and efficiently from areas such as the abdomen, back, breasts, buttocks, face, flanks, hips, neck, knees and upper arms. VASER is a popular option for hi-definition body contouring, where muscle definition is highlighted.
EVOKE and EVOLVE are two FDA-cleared unique hands-free platforms from InMode.
EVOKE is the state-of-the-art thermal skin rejuvenating platform that remodels facial tissue and delivers the ultimate in thermal facial procedures.
EVOLVE is a non-invasive hands-free workstation by InMode that is designed to remodel the skin, treat adipose tissue, and tone muscles. EVOLVE’s innovative design deploys three proprietary technologies –TITE, TRIM, and TONE – allowing for customized treatment for a variety of body types.
The common procedures for the breasts are:
- Breast augmentation: This cosmetic surgical procedure enhances the shape and size of a woman’s breasts.
- Breast lift: Also known as mastopexy, this procedure raises and firms the breasts by removing redundant breast skin.
- Breast Reduction Surgery: Our advanced reduction mammoplasty procedure helps resolve the problems of women with overly large breasts by removing excess tissue and skin and reshaping the breasts. For men, breast reduction surgery is performed to address gynecomastia (oversized male breasts) and help men achieve a well-shaped physique.
The techniques used for these procedures will vary based on the patient’s needs and goals.
Breast enhancement in NYC is performed using different types of implants:
- Saline implants: Filled with sterile salt water after placement in the breast pocket.
- Silicone implants: Pre-filled with silicone gel, a medical-grade, viscous material which provides the look and feel of natural breast tissue.
- Gummy bear: These silicone gel implants are made of high-strength silicone gel and are less likely to wrinkle, fold, or ripple.
- IDEAL implant: This implant features a series of implant shells nested together. It has two separate chambers filled with saline, and is uniquely designed to reduce collapse and wrinkling.
Breast implants are placed either above or beneath the chest muscle. Each type has its own advantages. The method used and incision location depend on the individual’s anatomy and preferences. Your surgeon can help you choose the best option for your case.
In fat transfer or grafting, fat removed from one area of your body is transferred to another area to improve its appearance. Fat grafting involves two procedures: liposuction to extract unwanted fat and injection of the fat cells into the site that needs more volume or enhancement. At bodySCULPT, fat transfer is used in procedures such as the Brazilian butt lift, composite breast augmentation, and facial lift surgery.
It is not uncommon for plastic surgeons to carry out multiple procedures in a single surgery session. However, before you consider this option, you should weigh the pros and cons because there are chances of complications arising when multiple procedures are performed at the same time.