Many women who desire a fuller, rounder, and sensual looking posterior are opting to have plastic surgery to achieve their goal. Today, Brazilian butt lift surgery in NYC has become the preferred option over implants to enhance buttock size and shape. This cosmetic surgical procedure involves using a woman’s own fat to provide the desired volume enhancement. With the latest advancements, the procedure can now be performed under local anesthesia. Brazilian Butt Lift under local anesthesia (BBLULA) is a safer option than Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL) under general anesthesia. Invented by leading NYC plastic surgeons Drs. Spero Theodorou and Christopher T. Chia of bodySCULPT in NYC, BBLULA provides natural looking results with less downtime, side effects, and recovery time than conventional surgery. Even so, many women want to know what exactly they can expect from Brazilian Butt Augmentation in New York and what recovery involves. Such information is crucial to help them make informed decisions. Here some important things to know about BBL recovery and results:
- Fat resorption after BBL
This is a common concern for BBL patients. Generally, fat resorption occurs after BBL because some of the fat cells do not survive when they are transferred to the new environment. In anticipation of fat resorption, based on patient goals, expert surgeons may opt to overfill the buttocks with fat by a certain percentage as not all of the fat will survive. Moreover, skilled surgeons will place fat grafts in a way that promotes that allows the fat to grow naturally.
- BBL recovery
As each person’s body responds differently to any cosmetic surgical procedure, there is actually no set time for recovery. Generally, the treated areas will go through a few phases following the BBL procedure before finally stabilizing in shape and size. It is common to experience slight swelling and bruising in initial stage soon after the procedure, but these issues subside in a few days. Final results are usually seen approximately 6 months after the treatment. Full recovery from this plastic surgery procedure depends on how well patients adhere to their surgeon’s aftercare instructions. It is necessary to take special care of your skin in the first few days and weeks after a butt lift for fast recovery and best results.
- Longevity of results
The longevity of BBL results depends on certain factors. One factor is the technique used and whether it was performed by a qualified and experienced BBL surgeon. Other factors influencing longevity of results include the patient’s commitment to the postoperative recovery and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Due to the swelling and overfilling of fat, the buttocks will look quite enhanced in the initial post-op phase. However, to maximize the survivability of the graft take, patients are advised to minimize the amount of pressure or sitting or time spent sitting. Once it settles and matures over time, the fat will last several years or longer. That is, good technique and proper care come together to result in a natural, improved buttock contour that lasts permanently.
According to American Board of Cosmetic Surgery, Brazilian butt surgery results are meant to last for many years, but significant weight fluctuations can affect the outcomes. Moreover, you can expect changes in your butt over time as it responds to the normal aging process, whether or not you gain or lose substantial amounts of weight, and your overall diet.
- Procedure Time
The Brazilian butt augmentation in New York is time consuming because of this detailed way of fat extraction, processing and reinjection to obtain long-lasting results. The time taken to complete the treatment may vary person to person, but a typical Brazilian butt lift will take 5-8 hours. Liposuction of the donor sites (flanks, abdomen, and thighs) would take a minimum 2-3 hours, while the time for fat processing can vary. Fat reinjection would take minimum of 2 to 3 hours.
- Maximizing BBL Results
There are several things that you can do following your Brazilian butt lift surgery in New York City to maximize the survivability of the fat graft:
- Your surgeon will most likely advise you to wear a compression garment during the recovery period. But make sure not to wear tight or restrictive clothing during your healing process as it will squeeze and destroy the newly transferred fat. Use a compression garment with the rear end cut out so that the garment will not kill the fat grafts before they have a chance solidify (plasticsurgery.org).
- Eat healthy as your body needs extra calories to supply blood to new fat cells and to recover from the surgery.
- Take at least 2 weeks off from driving after BBL as sitting on your newly transferred fat will squish the fat cells.
- Avoid sitting directly on your buttocks and minimize sitting time for at least eight weeks (or more) after the procedure. When you want to sit, use a donut pillow or inflatable pillow, to avoid putting pressure on the fat graft.
- Sleep on your stomach or sides for the first 8 weeks after your surgery.
- Quit or avoid smoking after BBL, as smoking affects the flow of oxygen and nutrients through the blood stream, which in turn, will destroys your body’s ability to heal.
- Avoid high impact activities, especially any type of bouncing immediately after surgery and can be resumed after the fat cells have stabilized. Light activities such as fast-paced walking can be performed after one month. Most patients return to normal activities six to eight weeks after the surgery.
- Drink plenty of fluids as it will provide your body with electrolytes, the salts and minerals to keep it hydrated.
One concern among patients is whether follow-up procedures would be needed. BBL involves extracting unwanted fat is extracted from various areas of the body using liposuction, and injected into the buttocks through micro droplet technique. Since the harvested fat is taken from your body, there will be no risk of rejection and most patients would retain 60-80% of the injected fat. In addition, your surgeon will account for the natural absorption rate when determining how much fat to transfer, injecting more than is necessary to be sure that an optimal amount survives the transfer. As a result, additional procedures should not be necessary, even many years after your BBL.
If you are considering a Brazilian butt lift in NYC, schedule a consultation in an AAAASF-accredited plastic surgery practice that has skilled and experienced BBL surgeons. After determining that you are a good candidate for BBL, a reliable surgeon will provide customized treatment to help you achieve your aesthetic goals.