An increasing number of men and women are opting to have body contouring in NYC to shape and tone their physique. One of the first steps towards achieving optimal results is a smooth consultation experience. This is important from the physician’s point of view too. A Dermatology Times article notes that the aesthetic consult is among the first and most pivotal steps to securing new business in the cosmetic practice. For the patient, the consultation provides the opportunity to evaluate potential surgeons and find one who is a qualified to perform the procedure safely and effectively. The surgeon should be able to understand the patient’s concerns and expectations, explain the procedure options, and help the patient take an informed decision.
Here are some things you should look for at your plastic surgery consultation:
- A reliable cosmetic surgeon will be ready to answer your questions about his or her training, board certification, and experience performing the procedure you are interested in. You can ask about the surgeries the surgeon has performed, about the post-surgical care you will receive, and so on.
- Make sure that your procedure will be performed in an AAAASF-accredited surgical suite. Accredited practices have the high standards for safety, cleanliness, administration, and emergency readiness.
- A reliable cosmetic surgeon will be ready to discuss the patient’s concerns, ideas, and expectations. You should be able to present these things clearly and be comfortable discussing them with the surgeon.
- Ask for a detailed explanation of your options, including procedure options, risks, benefits, and costs. A good surgeon will put your health, well-being and safety first and will not force you into making a decision during the consultation.
- Both the patient and the surgeon need to be honest, concerned and care about building trust. Reliable surgeons will fully explain what your procedure involves. They will take time to explain its benefits and risks as well as what you should expect during recovery.
- Look at before and after pictures of the surgeon’s patients. Most practices put only a few images on their website, and you should ask for access to more during your consultation. Examine the results of patients that have concerns and goals that are similar to yours. This will give you an idea about the surgeon’s skill and aesthetic approach and help you understand if they can provide the kind of results that you are looking for.
- Make sure the staff at the practice is friendly, accommodating and professional. This is important for a pleasant cosmetic surgery experience – right from your initial consult to the end of the treatment and through recovery. All areas of the practice should be clean and inviting.
Going by these tips can help you choose the right surgeon for body sculpting in New York City.