Choosing the right cosmetic surgeon in NYC matters the most if you want to enjoy optimal results from a cosmetic surgery procedure. Just like the safe pair of hands of a good surgeon, the safety of the operating room in which the surgery is performed is also very important. So at the time of surgeon selection, make sure about the safety of the place where the treatment is done and learn from him what all comforts he could assure you in the surgery room. A plastic surgery practice accredited by a recognized national certifying agency would have all of the features you expect in a safe cosmetic surgery operating room.
When we speak about safety, it is not just the physical characteristics you can see but many other features that are invisible to the eye that impact patient safety. According to plasticsurgery.org, here is what you can expect from a safe accredited operating room.
- The surgeon would make sure that safety measures and standard of care are followed on a regular basis.
- Specific details of the patients such as infections, sterilization checks, and complications are monitored and measured for patient safety.
- They would review factors such as fire, earthquake, and other safety protocols.
- They see that all necessary elements are kept up to date such as expiration checks, drug tracking, and emergency medication supplies.
- Only certified or licensed individuals suitable for the job are filled in the staffing positions.
- Only a qualified anesthesia professional performs deep levels of anesthesia.
- They make sure that all the medical records are complete and up-to-date with complete analysis.
- Every three year, a review is conducted to check with the protocol.
- A review of patient care and treatment are performed.
- All rights and responsibilities of the patient are prominently displayed.
Make sure that the practice where the procedure is offered is accredited by one of the recognized national certifying agencies such as the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities, Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Institute for Medical Quality, Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organization, State-licensed or Medicare-certified.
There are also a lot of other minor safety measures you can expect in an accredited cosmetic surgery operating room. The electricity system here would have two back-ups. All life-saving equipment is checked daily. Excellent teamwork among anesthesiologists, surgeons, and nurses contribute to improved operating room safety. As the demand for cosmetic procedures rises, plastic surgeons are required to maintain the highest standards for patient safety. And it is your responsibility to find the right surgeon and practice in NYC to undergo the procedure and experience optimal outcome.