212-265-2724 | 1-800-282-7285

When can Normal Exercise be Resumed after a Brazilian Butt Lift?

Share Button

When can Normal Exercise be Resumed after a Brazilian Butt Lift?Brazilian butt lift surgery in NYC is a buttock augmentation procedure that enhances and improves a woman’s buttocks using her own fat. The demand for this celebrity driven cosmetic surgical procedure is on the rise. As the procedure enhances your posterior naturally, it avoids the complications associated with butt implants.

While BBL has exploded in popularity over recent years, many prospective patients are concerned about when they can resume physical activity post-op. “Can I do normal exercises after a Brazilian butt lift?” is a question that most candidates ask their plastic surgeon.

Generally, patients are advised not to start exercises soon after their BBL. It’s important to rest during your recovery period. However, many surgeons recommend performing exercises a few weeks post-op, as it can enhance results. Plastic surgeons in Manhattan, NYC do recommend strenuous workouts of the butt for at least the first 3 months following the surgery. This is to allow the re-injected fat cells to heal safely and get established in their new site. However, once recovery is complete, patients are instructed to gradually include light activities involving the butt and make it a part of their daily routine. Light walking is recommended following the surgery to increase blood flow to the area, which will promote healing.

About 60% of the injected fat is expected to stay in the area. This transferred fat behaves just like the other fat in the body and about 40% gets reabsorbed by the body.  However, maintaining a stable weight is important for results to last. If you lose a lot of weight, then the loss would be spread over the body and the fat cells in the buttocks will also be affected. However, the reduced size would be proportional to the body.

To maintain your BBL results, follow your surgeon’s advice on when to resume your exercise routine. When you do start exercising, include a mix of cardio and concentrate on weight training for better results. Include different exercises such as lunges, squats, P90X-type exercises and calisthenics that will help build up the butt muscle and provide even better outcomes. Here are some strategies to consider:

When can Normal Exercise be Resumed after a Brazilian Butt Lift?

  • Interval Training: Alternating periods of high- and low-intensity activities are great overall fitness and can also rev up your metabolism. A sprint-walking workout is an example for this type of exercise.
  • Circuit Style Routines: This involves moving quickly between several exercises in quick succession – do several rounds with minimal breaks. Circuits are high-fat burners that target the chest, back and legs.
  • Heavy Weight Training: Weight training and lifting heavy weights can increase muscle volume and further enhance BBL results.

Including upper body, leg, and core exercises can help maintain your new curves. Running helps work out the gluteus and at the same time, improves overall health.

Ask your surgeon when you can include these training activities in your daily exercise routine. Any weight training and aerobic exercises should be avoided for several weeks following your procedure. In an AAAASF-accredited plastic surgery practice offering Brazilian butt augmentation in NYC, you can expect your surgeon to discuss all of these matters at the initial consultation.

Quick Contact

Verification Code

FacebookTwitterGoogle PlusYouTubeInstagram

Disclaimer: The materials on this website are for informational purposes only and do not constitute the giving of medical advice. Individual results will vary and no guarantee is stated or implied by any photo use or any statement on this site. Your use of this site does not create a patient-plastic surgeon relationship between you and bodySCULPT® or between you and any plastic surgeon affiliated with bodySCULPT®. The information contained in this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Click Here for Full Disclaimer.

Aesthetic Procedures | Weight Loss | Gorgeous | Virtual Consultation | Download Forms | Visit Blog | Virtual Tour | Sitemap | Financing We Offer | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms and Conditions
Copyright © 2019 bodySCULPT. All Rights Reserved. Website Design / SEO by MedResponsive

Bodysculpt Office