EmbraceRF Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the answers to important questions about EmbraceRF, the only technology for subdermal adipose remodeling of the face.
Excess fat and skin laxity in the face and neck are common aesthetic concerns for many people. EmbraceRF is a new breakthrough facial contouring procedure that targets these areas. It an ideal option for those with or without underlying fat issues. Here are the answers to the most important questions about EmbraceRF.
Q: What is EmbraceRF?
A: EmbraceRF is an innovative scarless facial contouring solution. EmbraceRF introduces the concept of subnormal adipose remodeling of the face by combining two of InMode’s proprietary technologies: radiofrequency-assisted FaceTite and Morpheus8. The procedure addresses the lower third of the face, specifically the neck and jowls. EmbraceRF allows plastic surgeons to treat patients that are in the treatment gap category, that is, those who do not have bad enough skin for a facelift and not good enough skin elasticity for liposuction.
Q: What areas can be treated?
A: EmbraceRF is for the lower face/neck area. It addresses skin laxity and can be used with or without the need for liposuction.
Q: How is EmbraceRF different from other facial contouring procedures?
A: By combining FDA approved FaceTite and Morpheus8, a Subdermal Adipose Remodeling Device (SARD), EmbraceRF introduces the concept of subdermal adipose sculpting of the face. Radiofrequency assisted liposuction (RFAL) involves using heat used to address excess fat deposits in the face and neck. However, some of the fat in the lower face area may need to be preserved to retain a youthful appearance. The core of the EmbraceRF procedure is that it uses heat to remodel and mold the fat in addition to the skin tightening for optimal results. The FDA-cleared Subdermal Adipose Remodeling Device (SARD), Morpheus8 is applied externally and is the first and only device to mold the fat subdermally in order to effectively address aging concerns in the lower face. Unlike other existing treatments, physicians can strategically determine how much fat is removed, left behind or molded. This procedure allows for precise sculpting of the face and body by allowing the physician to balance the amount of fat removed, molded, and retained.
Q: How does EmbraceRF work?
A: EmbraceRF provides superior contouring of the face and neck by blending FaceTite and Morpheus8.A non-invasive RFAL (Radio-Frequency Assisted Lipolysis) facial contouring solution, FaceTite provides superior internal and external liposuction and allows three-dimensional remodeling of the fibrous tissues. With its depth of 4 mm and additional 1 mm heat signature, Morpheus8 allows the surgeon to also remodel the adipose (fat) tissue.
EmbraceRF delivers radiofrequency (RF) energy to “mold” the fat of the face in strategic positions and address aging facial features and face laxity with natural looking results. Depending on how deep the dermis is in different parts of the face the surgeon can preserve fat and tighten skin or remold the fat into the contours so as to improve definition of the jaw line, jowls and neck, while retaining the fullness necessary to maintain a youthful appearance.
Q: Who is an ideal candidate for EmbraceRF?
A: EmbraceRF is for patients who have skin laxity in the lower face and neck, with or without underlying fat concerns. Ideal candidates are:
- Treatment Gap Patients: This category includes people who are not severe enough for a facelift, and do not have enough elasticity of the skin for liposuction.
- Sideline Patients: This category includes all potential patients who are candidates for a facelift, but have not had surgery due to concerns about scarring and general anesthesia.
- Facelift Maintenance Patients: This category includes patients who have had a previous facelift, but have had early recurrence of jowls and neck laxity, and are too early to repeat another facelift.
Q: What are the benefits of the procedure?
- One-time procedure with permanent results
- Treats both superficial and deep tissues
- Improves the jaw line and rejuvenates the neck
- Tightens the skin in the neck and jowls
- Short procedural time and downtime
- Minimally-invasive treatment, no incisions or scars
- Superior facial contouring with natural looking outcomes
- Can be performed in-office under local anesthesia
- Uniform treatment and permanent results
- Results can be seen with one treatment
Q: What does recovery involve and how long will it take?
A: The procedure is performed with local anesthesia in the office in approximately 45 minutes, and has a downtime of about 48 hours or long weekend. The results are visible immediately and only improve with time over a period of 6 weeks to 6 months.