Factors such as aging, multiple pregnancies, and weight loss can all lead to loss of breast volume. Breast augmentation is the cosmetic surgical procedure that resolves this issue. While implants were once the only option available to enhance breast size and shape, there is a new method that becoming widely popular for its effectiveness, safety and convenience – fat transfer. This option, a viable alternative to implants, involves removing fat from one area of the body via liposuction and injecting it into the breasts. This is an ideal option for women
- Who require only a small increase in breast size
- Have fat to spare in areas such as the abdomen, thighs or flanks
- Looking for results that look and feel natural
- Who want to avoid saline and silicone implants
The plastic surgeon numbs the donor site and makes a tiny incision. Laser liposuction is performed to remove fat. The fat cells are separated via centrifugation, and then purified and transferred to syringes. The fat is injected into the breasts to subtly boost volume and shape.
According to a CBS news report, physicians say that using fat grafts is safer and healthier than implants. Let’s look the many benefits of fat transfer breast augmentation
- The procedure requires little or no downtime
- As only local anesthesia is used, the patient remains wide awake when it is performed
- There are no long incisions or scars
- It avoids the risks and complications associated with implants
- The procedure is safe
- There is less chance of your body rejecting your own tissues
- Treatment is virtually pain free
The fat is usually taken from areas such as abdomen, thighs and back where excess fat is difficult to lose even with diet and exercise. Liposuction is one of the best methods of treating stubborn fat deposits, and in this case, the procedure helps in enhance the breasts naturally. In fact, the innovative fat transfer breast enhancement procedure offers a dual advantage – well-shaped breasts that look and feel natural and improved contour in site from which fat is removed.
However, as with all plastic surgery procedures, it’s important that you do your research. Experts caution that fat transfers are not always permanent and that results may not be as impressive as implants. Moreover, you need to choose a surgeon who is trained and experienced in the procedure and focused on high standards in the field.