bodySCULPT®’s leading plastic surgeons Dr. Spero Theodorou and Dr. Christopher T. Chia participated in the prestigious Aston Baker Cutting Edge Aesthetic Surgery Symposium held December 5-7, 2019 at the Marriott Marquis New York, located at 1535 Broadway in the heart of New York City. Marking its 40th year, the uniquely designed 2019 program was an innovative educational experience covering “Achieving Superior Results, Avoiding Complications and Managing Revisions for the Face, Breast and Body”.
Dr. Sherrell J. Aston and Dr. Daniel C. Baker were the Course Chairmen of this prestigious symposium, which was attended by a world-renowned faculty of surgeon educators to present the most up to date clinical applications of established procedures and innovative new technologies. The symposium featured 74 Lectures, 7 Panels, 10 Point / Counterpoint Debates, 4 Surgical Video Presentations, a Live Injection Session, and an Open Forum with the Faculty. Patient safety, complications and long term results were focal points of discussion throughout the sessions.
Dr. Spero J. Theodorou, a widely commended expert on emerging technologies in body contouring and Dr. Christopher T. Chia, a liposuction specialist, are widely acclaimed for their surgical expertise and provide result-oriented cosmetic surgery procedures.
In the session Non-invasive and Minimally invasive Techniques for Face and Neck Rejuvenation held on Thursday, December 5, Dr. Theodorou lectured on “Minimally Invasive Radio Frequency Facial and Cervical Tightening without Skin Excision: Indications, Limitations, and Long Term Results”. Dr. Chia spoke on “Following Radio Frequency Face and Neck Tightening: Is it Really Minimally Invasive? Are Postoperative Recovery and Complications Similar to a Facelift?”
Dr. Chia gave two lectures on Friday, December 6. In the Abdomen and Body Contouring session, Dr Chia spoke on “Revisions of Nonsurgical Skin Tightening, Long-Term Results, Edema, Pigmentation, Nerve Injury, Limitations, and Complications”. He then returned to the stage with a lecture on “Radio Frequency Assisted Liposuction Under Local Anesthesia” in the session Minimally Invasive and Non-invasive Contour Techniques.
Dr. Theodorou’s educative surgical video presentations included “Radio Frequency Assisted No Scar Brachioplasty” on December 6, and “Awake, Safe, Subcutaneous Buttock Augmentation and Radio Frequency Medial Thigh Correction” on December 7.
Dr. Theodorou and Dr. Chia are the inventors of the Scarless Arm Lift procedure (BodyTite on Arms) as well as the first plastic surgeons to perform the Brazilian Butt Lift under Local Anesthesia (BBLULA). They are also known for their excellent research and publications in body contouring.
The learning objectives of the Aston Baker Cutting Edge Aesthetic Surgery Symposium were listed as follows:
- Prevent complications related to facial rejuvenation and body sculpting.
- Describe the benefits and complications of autologous fat injections, and the most often used facial fillers and neuromodulators.
- Differentiate between the various techniques for forehead, supraorbital and periorbital rejuvenation and when to apply them.
- Identify the complications of facial aesthetic surgery, their prevention and treatment.
- Summarize the various techniques used for mid-face lifting, including the role of fat and marlar implants.
- Discuss the aesthetic and functional problems associated with eyelid surgery.
- Summarize and evaluate the advantages, disadvantages, and complications of current techniques for surgical procedures for total body sculpting.
- Discuss the complications of augmentation mammoplasty, their prevention and management. Analyze the complications of mastopexy, their prevention and management.
- Describe the surgical techniques for fat grafting buttock augmentation.
- Define surgical techniques for total body rejuvenation and sculpting.
- Discuss and analyze the advantages, disadvantages, and complications of current techniques for non-invasive and minimally invasive procedures for total body sculpting.
The Aston Baker Cutting Edge Aesthetic Surgery Symposium highlighted the key steps of advanced techniques for face and body rejuvenation and contouring with a focus on avoiding complications and managing revisions. The panel discussions covered methods for facial and body rejuvenation and sculpting, comparing the complexity of procedures, technical details, longevity, complications and patient safety issues. The symposium also featured debates on philosophy, techniques, and controversial areas. The discussions were followed by an Open Forum with audience participation and questions.