Body contouring in NYC includes a wide range of treatments to address different aesthetic concerns. A well-defined lower body with no sagging skin or extra fat in the thighs or legs is what most women desire, but this is impossible to achieve with just dieting and exercise. Moreover, the upper legs become an increasingly problematic area as women age. Thigh lift surgery is designed to help patients achieve a slimmer, toned lower body. It removes excess fat from the thighs and tightens the skin to result in shapely legs. Today, skilled NYC plastic surgeons make use advanced minimally-invasive techniques such as Smartlipo, BodyTite, or VASER Lipo to perform the procedure.
Expert plastic surgeons recommend combining liposuction and skin tightening with thigh lift in one procedure to sculpt the legs with thigh lift surgery. The treatment involves liposuction of the inner thigh, outer thigh, buttock area, and even the area around the knees which can improve the appearance of thick legs. The procedure’s ability to create slimmer legs completely depends on the length of the leg, the quality and elasticity of the skin, and the amount of fat that can be liposuctioned without distortion.
To be a good candidate for thigh lift surgery, patients should have excess fat in the area and a significant amount of additional skin. Thigh lift surgery removes the unwanted fat and skin from the upper part of the thighs to provide slimmer appearance. It improves skin laxity in patients who have lost a lot of weight and have flabby skin, and can resolve chafing in the thigh area.
If you are considering thigh lift surgery, following pre- and post-operative instructions is crucial to obtain superior results and reduce your risk for complications. Here are some tips to take care of your body and prepare for your recovery period in the weeks before your procedure:
- Quit smoking and stop drinking alcohol as it can interfere with your procedure, including the healing process.
- Discuss any supplements or medications you take with your surgeon and follow his/her advice on them. Stop taking certain drugs and supplements that can interfere with your healing process.
- People with skin infections are not good candidates for the treatment. So make sure your skin stays healthy and sterile before your procedure.
- To keep your body weight stable, exercise and follow a healthy diet.
- Drink lots of water and stay hydrated.
- Arrange for someone to drive you home after the procedure and if needed, arrange for someone to stay with you for few days and help with household chores.
- Discuss all your concerns with your surgeon at the consultation, which will make you more confident and comfortable during the procedure.
After the surgery, you might experience some soreness, numbness and bruising in the treated area, which will subside eventually. Following your surgeon’s instructions on post-surgical care can promote smooth healing and recovery. Going by these tips will provide better results after your treatment:
- Restrict strenuous activities and heavy lifting until healing is complete. The incisions in the thigh area will be subjected to tension and pulling when you sit, stand up, walk, and bend.
- Based on your surgeon’s instructions and as recovery allows, walk or perform exercises to reduce risks of blood clots.
- Lymphatic massage may help promote healing and enhance the appearance of skin around the treatment area.
- Wearing a compression garment 24X7 is a must for few weeks after the surgery, as it helps to protect the incisions and provides support for your body as it heals.
- Stick to a low-sodium diet to help reduce swelling.
- Eating plenty of fiber-rich foods can help avoid straining during bowel movements.
- Take the oral painkillers that your surgeon prescribes to alleviate post-procedural pain or discomfort.
- Many patients position their body using pillows to take pressure off of the legs during healing. This also helps avoid stretching of the thigh tissue.
- Get enough rest to help your body recover more quickly.
- Keep your follow-up appointments.
- If you notice any unusual signs at the treatment site or during the healing process, contact your surgeon immediately.
- Maintain healthy lifestyle after the procedure to preserve your results.
Patients considering body contouring in NYC need to do their research well and choose an AAAASF-accredited plastic surgery practice. Such practices have skilled and experienced plastic surgeons who are experts in providing leg makeovers. Moreover, an expert plastic surgeon will assess their needs and anatomical considerations and recommend the option that will provide customized treatment to help them achieve their aesthetic goals.