Are you worried about the stubborn fat deposits in your body, that don’t respond to even strenuous diet and exercises? Then consider VASER lipo in NYC, a minimally-invasive body contouring procedure that uses ultrasonic energy to gently break down and remove stubborn fat without harming the surrounding tissues. Though liposuction can also provide the desired results, traditional lipo involves general anesthesia and some complications. But the advancements in the field of plastic surgery have made possible minimally invasive, safe treatments and VASER Lipo is one such procedure.
Along with fat reduction, VASER Lipo also preserves the viability of fat cells for use in fat transfer. That is, the VASER technology breaks up fat selectively using VASER ultrasonic probes, while preserving other structures such as blood vessels, nerves and connective tissue. The procedure starts with injecting a saline solution mixed with an anesthetic or tumescent liquid into the treatment site. Once the area is numbed, the ultrasonic probe is inserted into the fatty tissue, and the high frequency sound waves that the probe transmits break apart and liquefy the fatty tissues between the skin and muscle. A small cannula is used to gently suction off the liquefied fat cells. However, the choice of probes, diameters, and groove patterns helps to get rid of both small and large volumes of fat, and use the right amount of energy to treat particular kinds of target tissues (soft, fibrous, or medium).
The procedure is minimally-invasive, and involves less scarring, bleeding, swelling, and bruising – compared to traditional liposuction. For a smooth recovery and optimal outcomes, patients need to diligently follow their plastic surgeon’s post-op instructions.
Here are some effective tips to follow for the fast recovery of VASER lipo:
- Patients would be advised to wear a compression garment for a month as it will help improve blood circulation, minimize swelling, flush out of harmful fluids, and speed up the healing process.
- Avoid aspirin-containing products for at least a week.
- Take the prescribed pain medications.
- During the first two weeks after surgery, completely refrain from heavy activities like lifting or those involving physical or mental stress.
- Increase fluid intake as it helps to prevent dehydration.
- Maintain a healthy diet.
- Get plenty of rest.
- Quit smoking as it may prolong healing time and increase risk of complications.
- Avoid alcohol for few days.
- To reduce swelling and lower the chances of blood clotting, patients need to stay active post-surgery by having a light walk and slowly increasing activity every day. But remember, don’t overdo it.
- To minimize the risks of permanent scarring, avoid sunbathing or exposing the scars to sun for at least 12 months
- Don’t scratch the site. Though, it’s normal to experience slight discomfort – such as tingling, burning, aches and pains in the surgery site which can occur for weeks to months – never scratch those areas. To help with excessive itching, ask your surgeon for meditation or moisturizer.
- Keep the incisions clean and inspect daily for signs of infection.
Most importantly, follow your surgeon’s instructions diligently. Only use products that your surgeon recommends and follow your post-treatment care sheet for safer recovery. Contact your plastic surgeon immediately, if you notice infection, high fever, untoward swelling or bruising, or other serious symptoms. Recovery in every patient is different; you can significantly speed up your recovery process by carefully following all of the surgical team’s post-operative instructions.
Though VASER lipo results may vary based on the amount of fat removed, the number of areas treated, and other factors, most patients report seeing the results immediately after the procedure, with the final results appearing at around 3 to 6 months.
If you are considering VASER lipo in NYC, choose an AAAASF-accredited plastic surgery practice that provides the service of skilled plastic surgeons with extensive experience in performing the procedure. Such reliable surgeons will have absolute precise surgical skills and artistic vision and also pay attention to critical details, which are crucial for superior results. Moreover, undergoing treatment in such practice is important for safe, standardized treatment and dedicated follow-up till full recovery.