Men of all ages – adolescents as well as middle-aged and older men – can be affected by gynecomastia or overly developed male breasts. Abnormal enlargement of male breast tissue occurs due to the presence of excess fatty and glandular tissue. The condition can impair a man’s confidence and can affect his quality of life. Losing fat through diet and exercise may help to a certain extent, but getting male breast reduction in Manhattan, NYC can provide a long-lasting solution to “man boobs”.
Life after male breast reduction can be very exciting as this procedure alleviates men of the embarrassment caused by an unnatural looking chest and provides them with a more masculine appearance. In fact, male breast reduction is believed to provide more benefits for a man than any other aesthetic surgical procedure:
- Boosts confidence and self-esteem: Body insecurity caused by gynecomastia can cause a confidence drop and can make a person go into depression. Men with over sized breasts may feel insecure when they bare their chest or wear certain clothes. They often tend to avoid social gatherings and so on. Gynecomastia surgery can help them achieve a firmer, flatter chest, which will instantly boost their self-esteem. With a well-defined chest, they can confidently wear well-fitting clothing, go shirtless at the beach or pool, and avoid shying away from social interactions due to low self-esteem.
- Achieve a more masculine physique: Gynecomastia can make men feel that their body shape is not compatible with their gender. Male breast reduction in NYC removes those excess fatty tissues from the chest, and results in a flatter and more sculpted physique. They can enjoy their new, masculine chest and get rid of the insecurities they once struggled with.
- Eases physical activities: Though abnormal enlargement of the chest doesn’t cause pain or discomfort, a larger chest can make physical activities such as running and jumping uncomfortable (this is more common in women with overly large breasts). With a normal chest size following gynecomastia treatment, men will feel comfortable engaging in physical activity, which in turn, will motivate them to stay fit and maintain their masculine physique.
- Posture improvement: If you have large breasts, it can cause the upper spine to become rounder and disfigured and over time, and this can lead to a permanent hump and chronic spinal pain. Another consequence of poor posture is compromised core strength and a withdrawn or reserved appearance. A well-contoured chest can have a dramatic effect on your posture. Following gynecomastia treatment, patients can stand straighter and taller, displaying confidence and approachability.
- Free your mind: Men with gynecomastia may experience extreme levels of anxiety throughout their day when considering what to wear, how to hide their chest, and whether anyone has noticed their breasts and so on. They would be over-conscious about their body, which would lead negative thoughts to flood their mind. Male breast reduction eliminates such worries and encourages social interaction. Most gynecomastia patients report experiencing an improved quality of life and emotional relief after the treatment.
Male breast reduction involves removing excess glandular tissue and fat, and tightening loose skin and it may also include improving the size and position of the areola. Experienced plastic surgeons use advanced FDA-approved liposuction technologies such as BodyTite RFAL (radiofrequency assisted) or SmartLipo Triplex (laser assisted) to perform the procedure. These procedures involve removing excess glandular tissue and fat, and tightening loose skin and it may also include improving the size and position of the areola to perform the procedure. These minimally-invasive treatments involve less scarring, bleeding, swelling, and bruising than traditional liposuction.
Men who are self-conscious about their appearance and want a chest that is flatter, firmer, and better contoured can consider getting the procedure. This is an individualized procedure and you should only consider it if you need it for yourself and not to please someone else or to achieve any sort of ideal image.
View before and after images of patients who underwent gynecomastia surgery
Leading NYC plastic surgeons use advanced minimally invasive liposuction techniques such as BodyTite RFAL, and Smartlipo Triplex to perform male breast reduction in NYC. Having the procedure performed in an AAAASF-accredited practice that offers the services of experienced and well trained plastic surgeons is important. This will also ensure adherence to strict national standards for equipment, operating room safety, personnel and surgeon credentials.