A tummy tuck addresses stubborn fat pockets that do not budge even with rigorous diets and exercise, and results in a trimmer, tighter midsection. With its proven safety and efficacy, the procedure ranked among the top 5 cosmetic surgical procedures in 2018, according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS). Today, skilled plastic surgeons offer an even more advanced treatment – Brazilian tummy tuck surgery. This innovative procedure provides superior waist contouring outcomes for patients who have large amounts of loose skin and fat in the abdominal area, such as that caused by multiple pregnancies.
Brazilian tummy tuck in Manhattan combines the traditional elliptical excision of excess skin and fat from the lower abdomen with liposuction. This procedure removes surplus fat and skin and firms up the abdominal muscles. It offers all the benefits of a traditional abdominoplasty surgery along with superior outcomes and reduced downtime. NYC plastic surgeons use advanced liposuction modalities such as ultrasound-assisted VASERlipo, radiofrequency-assisted BodyTite and laser-assisted Smartlipo Triplex to perform this body contouring procedure. Liposuction of the entire abdomen and flank is performed through very small skin incisions with a small, delicate cannula. Excess skin is drawn down and removed, resulting in a flatter, trimmer stomach. The treatment pulls the waist in and gets rid of excess skin, resulting in a smaller looking waist.
One of the major advantages of the Brazilian tummy tuck is that minimizes scarring and keeps the scars as well concealed as possible. Unlike the traditional procedure that causes scars high up above the waist, the Brazilian Tummy Tuck incision is located in the lower abdomen in the area below the “bikini line.” The scar is very low on the pubic area, allowing you to wear a low cut bikini.
Though it is performed using minimally invasive modalities, the Brazilian tummy tuck is still considered a surgical procedure. To ensure smooth recovery and optimal outcomes, patients need to diligently follow their plastic surgeon’s post-op instructions. Recovery time will vary depending on individual considerations and treatment time. Patients will be provided with detailed information about drains and normal symptoms during the recovery period. Here are some important things you need to know about recovery after Brazilian tummy tuck in Manhattan:
- Downtime is just 10 days.
- Mild to moderate swelling and bruising is common after the surgery. You may experience some discomfort and tightness for the first two weeks.
- Taking the prescribed pain medications can ease any discomfort.
- Incisions typically heal in about two weeks and the swelling, in about six weeks.
- Follow your surgeon’s instructions about care of your drains
- Avoid heavy activities like lifting or those involving physical or mental stress, especially during the first two weeks after surgery.
- You will be advised to wear an abdominal binder during the first week and until most of the swelling resolves, and then a compression garment for 6 to 8 weeks to support your tissues as they heal.
- You should inform your plastic surgeon if symptoms such as pain, redness and swelling take too long to resolve.
In leading New York City plastic surgery practices, the ON-Q PainBuster® pain relief system is used to help the patients recover quickly from tummy tuck surgery. The pump delivers local anesthetic continuously to the treatment site so that there is no pain for the first five days. The use of this non-narcotic automatic pump significantly reduces downtime, improves mobility, and speeds up return to normalcy.
If you are considering tummy tuck surgery in Manhattan, choose an AAAASF-accredited plastic surgery practice that offers the services of plastic surgeons who are experts in performing the procedure. Such surgeons will evaluate your considerations and provide customized treatment to help you achieve your goals.