Leading plastic surgeons offer breast augmentation in New York City for women who want to improve their breast size and shape. The American Society of Plastic Surgeons reported that the procedure ranked first among the top five cosmetic surgical procedures in 2016. Augmentation mammaplasty is performed using implants. In 2016, silicone implants were used in 84% and saline implants in 16% of all breast augmentations.
Despite its popularity, many women are confused about the conflicting reports they hear about breast implant surgery. If you are considering the procedure, here are some things you should know before you go ahead.
- The decision to undergo breast augmentation to improve self image should be a personal one. In other words, you should not be pressurized into having it done.
- Choose a surgeon who is experienced in performing breast implant surgery. Make sure that the surgeon’s practice is AAAASF-accredited. This is crucial for a safe and comfortable experience as well as for optimal outcomes.
- Check before and after photos of previous candidates to get an idea about your surgeon’s skill.
- Various FDA-approved breast implant options such as saline, silicone, gummy bear and IDEAL are available. Ask your plastic surgeon for guidance on choosing the right option and achieve your aesthetic goals.
- Implant sizes come in different sizes and in shapes such as tear-drop and round, and with textured and smooth surfaces. In addition to individual preferences, size selection is influenced by considerations such as chest size and the amount of breast tissue present. It’s important to have realistic expectations about the results.
- Breast implants improve breast size, but will not address sagging. If you want to treat the sagginess, combine breast lift with breast implant surgery. This can provide augmented breasts with better positioning.
- Many women are concerned about breastfeeding with implants when deciding about implant surgery. You will be able to breastfeed after implant surgery, though it depends upon certain factors such as the type of surgery, incision and other conditions. Women who have undergone mastectomy or implant breast reconstruction cannot breastfeed because the milk ducts in the breast tissue are removed. Most of the advanced approaches are compatible with breastfeeding and you can discuss your individual concerns with your surgeon.
- No medical device can be expected to last for lifetime. As you age, your body will change and anatomical changes can occur which may lead to have additional surgery for a replacement or revision implant surgery.
- Plastic surgery practices in NYC are equipped with 3D simulation platforms such as Axis Three, VECTRA 3D, and Oculus Rift 3D Imaging Glasses that allow potential candidates to preview their results. This gives them an idea of the extent of changes they could expect and helps them take informed decisions.
In NYC, breast augmentation is performed using the latest techniques. Reliable plastic surgeons provide customized procedures to produce optimal outcomes that enhance the patient’s natural beauty.