Rigorous exercise and diets may not provide the sleek, well-defined body profile many men and women desire. Liposuction offers the solution. Unlike conventional liposuction which requires you to go under the knife, today, there are advanced options such as VASER lipo in NYC that can help you achieve natural looking results while minimizing scarring and downtime. Vaser liposuction is a minimally-invasive procedure that can improve body contour by removing stubborn fat deposits from areas such as the abdomen, back, breasts, buttocks, face, flanks, hips, neck, knees and upper arms.
VASER stands for Vibration Amplification of Sound Energy at Resonance. This specialized ultrasound technology breaks down unwanted fat by sending out ultrasonic frequency waves, making it easier to suction off. VASER ultrasound liposuction Manhattan removes the fat while leaving all other important tissues (nerves, blood vessels, and connective tissues) intact, resulting in significant results with minimal damage to surrounding tissue. It also tightens the skin and provides smoother results than conventional lipo. This innovative technology is also used for the precise removal of fat from specific areas such as the abdomen, flanks, male chest, legs and arms and allows the surgeon to sculpt and define the underlying muscles. VASER hi def liposuction in NYC can help men achieve a well-defined six-pack and women, an athletic, sculpted look.
However, while the idea and technology may seem appealing to people seeking a safe and effective body contouring method, VASER lipo is not for everyone.
- Those with health concerns: A person who is not healthy is at greater risk for complications compared to a healthy person. For example, risk of surgical complications would be high for individuals with a previous medical history of cardiac arrhythmias, immunodeficiency disorders, excessive bleeding, seizure disorders or a substantial history of or pulmonary emboli (blood clots in the lungs) or deep vein thrombosis (blood clots in the leg).
- People taking certain medications on a regular basis: VASER lipo is not recommended for those who take certain medications that can increase the risk of bleeding. Such medications include non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), aspirin, or anticoagulants such as Coumadin (warfarin). For example, if an individual is taking medications that impedes the metabolism of lidocaine — the local anesthetic used in this procedure – they face a high risk of bleeding unless they can stop use of their medication at least two weeks prior to the procedure.
- Those who are overweight: Ideal VASER Lipo candidates are within 30% of their ideal weight. This is a body contouring treatment that removes stubborn fat. It is not a weight loss solution and should not be seen as such. There are limits to the amount of fat that can be safely removed via VASER lipo.
- Do not have good skin elasticity: People with poor skin elasticity are not suitable candidates for the procedure. The skin will look smooth after the treatment only in people with good skin tone and elasticity. The skin in the treated areas may appear loose if the skin is thin and has poor elasticity.
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women cannot have VASER lipo.
According to a study from the University of Pittsburgh, fat removed via Vaser Lipo can be used in fat transfer procedures (www.americanhealthandbeauty.com). In fact, the Brazilian butt lift in NYC is a popular procedure where fat is transferred from certain areas of the body to the buttocks to enhance volume and contour. The VASER system preserves the viability of the fat cells, and therefore provides good results for fat transfer.
Like any other body contouring procedure, VASER also comes with some potential risk which can be minimized if it is performed by a skilled and experienced surgeon. Choosing an AAAASF-accredited plastic surgery for VASER hi def liposuction in NYC would ensure that the procedure is performed by experts. In reliable practice, you can expect end-to-end care and support all through the treatment, right from the initial consultation up to full recovery.