Clear and attractive eyes are an asset for both men and women. For that you have to maintain the health of your eyes by ensuring proper eye care. Consider the following tips and recommendations for a good eye care regimen.
- Drink enough water and fluids throughout the day to preserve the viscosity of the fluid in the eyes. This helps prevent issues such as dry eyes and itching.
- Be sure that you always step out into the sun wearing sun shades. This helps to prevent pigmentation on the sensitive skin around the eyes in addition to blocking the harmful radiation of the sun.
- Are you worried about puffy eyes? Then go for a cold compress, which can be made either out of cold water or bags of ice cubes. Place it on your eyes and repeat till the puffiness drains out. You can also use a chilled spoon (spoon kept in the fridge for a few minutes) instead.
- Do you have sunken eyes? Dark circles around your eyes can create this illusion. Eating soaked almonds followed by a glass of milk is a good solution. Do it first thing in the morning and repeat it for about 3 weeks. Or apply a mix of honey and almond oil (1 tsp of honey and ½ tsp almond oil) at bed time and wash it off the next day morning.
- Make sure that you wear sunscreen every day. While applying it, see that it reaches the sensitive area around your eyes.
- Following a good, nutritious diet also matters a lot when it comes to keeping your eyes in good health. Carrots, beetroots, and green leafy vegetables promote eye health.
- Just as your whole body needs adequate rest every day, so does your eyes. About 7 to 8 hours of sleep can help you maintain healthy, glowing eyes.
- For soothing and protecting your eyes, you can try applying cucumber pieces, cucumber paste, strawberry slices, black or green tea bags on your eyes.
- Your eyes need proper cleansing. Water is the best natural cleansing agent, but fresh cold milk is also a great cleanser. Dip a cotton ball in milk and clean your eyes with it. After milk cleansing, take 2 cotton pads and dip them in milk. Keep them on your eyes for fifteen to twenty minutes. After that wash your eyes with fresh water.
- If you wear contacts, remove them at the end of the day. Also, remove your makeup before going to bed.
- If you use a computer, fix an anti-glare shield to the monitor to reduce stress on the eyes. You can also use anti-glare glasses when you work. Make sure that you take a break every half an hour.
- Make it a habit to visit a professional trained in eye care regularly to ensure that your eyes are cared for well and remain healthy.
- It is also important to work out at least 5 days a week. Overall good health is important if you want to ensure healthy eyes.
Caring for your eyes regularly will prevent common concerns such as dark circles, redness, puffiness, wrinkles, itchiness and so on. Keep in mind these eye care tips so that your eyes remain clear, healthy, glowing and beautiful.