Oily skin can be frustrating when you make up for an event or a meeting. Things get worse when the excess oil accumulates with sweat in summer as it could cause acne. Managing oily skin is important to look flawless and beautiful. Here are skin care habits that can work wonders to address oily skin.
- Wash your face twice a day with a gentle face cleanser. Make it a practice to wash your face and neck after spending some time outdoors.
- Use oil-free moisturizers and oil-free sunscreen. A water based moisturizer can retain the moisture content. And apply toner to tighten the pores and remove oil.
- Eat a healthy diet rich in antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids. Include leafy vegetables and fruits in your daily diet along with foods that are rich in protein. Reduce intake of sugar and fat, and limit caffeinated drinks as they heat up the system and cause the production of excess oil. Avoid chocolate, deep-fried food, and alcohol-based beverages.
- Applying egg white, yogurt, tomato, and cucumber can reduce oiliness.
- Just like a good diet, a good workout is also important to address oily skin. Get plenty of physical exercise daily to keep your skin healthy and glowing.
- As you know, sun plays havoc on the skin and makes the sebaceous glands secrete excess oil. So apply sunscreen lotion before going out in the sun.
- Those with oily skin should avoid sun tanning as well as overuse of skin care products for cleansing, exfoliating or scrubbing.
- Mental health and skin health are said to be linked and stress can be one of the reasons for acne and oily skin. Practice relaxation or meditation techniques to cope with stress. Focus on deep, slow breathing or practice yoga.
- Get a good night’s rest as it is important for your skin as well as your overall wellbeing. Remove all make-up before hitting the bed.
- Drink plenty of water to hydrate your skin. This will prevent breakouts by giving your skin the right water to oil ratio.
Finally, remember that oily skin is not entirely undesirable. Oil prevents the skin from drying out. Oily skin ages slower and looks smooth and beautiful in every season. You need to be concerned only about the accumulation of excess oil on your face.