Wondering how to wake up with a pretty face in the morning?
With increasingly hectic lifestyles, most people just don’t have much time to take care of their hair, skin, nails, eyes, lips and so on in the daytime. The good news is that adopting certain overnight beauty habits can rejuvenate your face and body even while you sleep and help you wake up with a pretty face.
Try these 11 overnight beauty tips to wake up looking refreshed and gorgeous:
- Clean and moisturize your face: Every single day, your face is exposed to pollution and harmful UV rays which can lead to unwanted breakouts and dry skin. Before you go to bed, make sure you cleanse your face and remove all the dirt and makeup. And apply moisturizer to hydrate your skin. This will make your skin look more youthful and radiant.
- Try overnight face masks: Overnight face masks are basically hydrating moisturizers that are meant to nourish your skin all night long. Use a suitable face mask at night and wake up with soft, moisturized skin.
- Use a silk pillow: A top recommendation for improving beauty sleep is to invest in a silk pillow. This can help prevent hair breakage and damage, and keep your hair soft and frizz-free. It is also believed that sleeping on a silk pillow can minimize facial wrinkles. Importantly, change your pillow cover frequently to prevent the oil or dirt from the hair or skin that is deposited on your pillow to be re-deposited on your face while sleeping.
- Pamper your feet: Applying Vaseline or a good foot cream and wearing socks can keep the moisture in and prevent cracks in your heels.
- Moisturize your lips: Like your skin, your lips too need hydration. Exfoliate your lips to remove lip makeup and the day-long accumulated dirt, and moisturize them with either almond oil or coconut oil. This will keep your lips moisturized, hydrated, soft, and supple. Use lip balm or petroleum jelly to heal chapped lips.
- Pamper your hands: For soft hands, apply a thick hand cream (or nourishing oil) on your hands, put on light cotton gloves, and leave on overnight. Pampering your hands overnight will leave them soft, moisturized and smooth in the morning.
- Use an eye cream: Use a good quality eye cream that suits your skin type to reduce wrinkles and dark circles under the eyes.
- Use extra pillow on your back while sleeping: This can prevent puffy eyes by helping the fluids around the eyes to drain out.
- Brush and floss your teeth twice a day: For dental beauty and health, make sure you brush and floss at least twice a day. So don’t forget to make this part of your bedtime beauty routine.
- For wavy hair, shower before bed: Shower your hair before bed and style your hair. Apply a light nourishing overnight hair formula on damp hair and braid your hair. If your hair is short, use a bandana to keep it off your face. After you wake up, undo the braids, run your fingers through your hair, and set it with hairspray for instant volume and texture.
- Grow your eyelashes: Let your lashes grow as you sleep by applying castor oil on them at night. Rinse off with warm water in the morning.