Beautiful nails contribute to a neat, well-groomed appearance. Therefore it is important that you maintain and care for your nails every day to avoid them getting damaged, breaking, or developing an unpleasant color. Here are some tips for healthy and beautiful nails:
- Make sure that your nails and the skin around them are thoroughly dirt free. Always wash your hands and see that no dirt particles are stuck within your nails.
- Regular trims are important to your nails. So make it a habit to trim your nails every two weeks or so.
- It is good to gently scrub your nails and skin and keep them clean. However, know that nails are delicate, and scrubbing them too roughly can in fact expose you to infection. So be gentle with the approach.
- Avoid cutting or removing the cuticle. Or else it breaks that seal of protection which in turn leaves your nails and the skin around them vulnerable to bacteria and the possibility of infection.
- Make sure that nail polishes and similar stuff on your nails that you use are of good quality and are not damaging for your nails.
- Moisturize your nails once in two days or daily. Choose any nutrient-rich oil or moisturizer or even a lip balm would do the trick.
- You can improve the health and strength of your nails by watching your diet. Include more vitamins and supplements like biotin, Vitamin E, and fish oil to your daily diet. Eat more beans, fish, and nuts.
- See that you don’t use your nails as a tool and limit your use of polish or polish removers. Also, do not bite your nails.
- It is good to give your nails a salt bath to avoid them getting brittle. For this, dissolve half a tablespoon of sea salt in one liter of water. Soak your nails daily in this solution for 20 minutes.
- Nails with sharp edges are more vulnerable to breakage. So it is best to grow nails and make them rectangular with rounded edges so that you can easily maintain them.
- Wear rubber gloves while washing dishes, doing gardening or housework because harsh detergents and cleaners may dry out the skin and nails leading to rough skin and weak nails.
Follow these simple tips that will not take much time off your busy schedule to ensure healthy nails. Practice these regularly and you will have beautiful nails within a very short time.