Achieving and maintaining a healthy weight is important for overall health. It will help lower the risk of heart disease, stroke, diabetes, cholesterol, high blood pressure and various other serious health conditions. Several factors influence body weight. These factors include environment, family history and genetics, metabolism (the way your body changes food and oxygen into energy), and habits or lifestyle. Many people who spend hours in the gym and follow a rigorous diet, including fad diets, find that these strategies don’t provide the desired results. Experts are touting medical weight loss as the quickest way to lose weight, with long-lasting results.
Let’s first see what medical weight loss means. Medical weight loss is a special weight loss strategy designed, presented, and managed by medical professionals. The team generally comprises a licensed physician, nurse, a dietician, a fitness trainer, and other experts. In addition to training people how to eat right and exercise correctly, the program teaches you how to incorporate lifestyle changes into your routine and get rid of habits that have made you gain weight. FDA-approved weight loss medications may be a part of a medical weight loss program.
Medical weight loss is the right way to lose weight in a healthy manner and keep it off for years to come (www.healthyhabitswellness.net). Let’s take a look at the advantages of medical weight loss, which according to recent reports, has provided positive results for many people.
- Minimizes the chances of heart disease: The main advantage of losing weight is that there is a higher success rate of getting rid of heart diseases or other related health issues like diabetes, cholesterol and life threatening conditions. It helps you enjoy a better life with decreased health risks.
- Restores energy: Being overweight can quickly reduce your energy and make even the simplest tasks difficult to carry out. As you start losing weight, the energy levels in your body will increase and you will feel more energetic and youthful.
- Reduces weight without having to starve: A medical weight loss program begins with a short-term restrictive diet plan. Safe and effective appetite suppressant will also be prescribed after some time. Taking an appetite suppressant will make you feel full and reduce cravings. This will bring about a significant change in your weight.
- Complete medical plan: Medical weight loss is termed as the quickest way to lose weight because it comes with a complete medical plan. The professionals will chart out a plan as per your requirements. Before the program begins, you will be examined for medical conditions that need to be taken into consideration. They will suggest a diet and routine tailored to your current level of fitness and medical needs. As you start losing weight and your health improves, your doctor will make the required changes to your program. Constant supervision and monitoring by professionals make medical weight loss one of the quickest ways to lose weight. The team will help you make the right choices to ensure best results.
- Improves sleep: Sleeping too much or not sleeping enough can lead to obesity. Reducing weight improves quality of sleep. Research shows that losing at least 5 percent of your body weight will help you get better sleep. Medical weight management can address sleep apnea and snoring, two conditions often caused by excess weight around the neck.
- Achieve good hormonal balance: Hormonal balance is essential for health and fitness. Your thyroid gland creates and secretes two very essential hormones, which are important for regulating metabolism and building muscle strength. Reducing weight improves hormone balance, and this in turn, helps maintain weight loss.
- Improves mood: Reducing weight improves mental fitness. When you get rid of excess fat, a chemical called endorphin is released in your body. This chemical plays a crucial role in balancing mood and promotes positive feelings.
- Maintain a healthier lifestyle: Making a permanent change is difficult to implement on your own, but a medical weight loss program makes it easier for you. With constant support and instruction, you can develop healthy habits.
- Reduces joint pains: Having strong and flexible joints is important to perform your daily activities. But with weight gain, there are high chances of developing joint pains that can restrict simple activities such as walking, jogging etc. When you lose weight your skeletal frame and joints will have to support a lesser amount of mass of your body and joint aches will considerably decrease.
- Better skin: Your medical weight loss plan will include a nutrient-rich diet that includes plenty of fruits and vegetables. This will improve skin health and also detoxify the body.
- Reduces stress: Losing weight with a balanced diet and regular exercise can reduce stress.
- Improved memory: Losing weight and staying healthy increases brain power. Studies have shown that your memory gets sharper when you lose weight. Gaining weight makes it more difficult for you to remember things as the brain is unable to work efficiently. Losing weight will increase your memory retention abilities.
- Both aesthetic and health benefits: In addition to improving your health, a well-managed weight loss program will improve body contour and overall physical appearance. You will look attractive in all the clothes you wear, which will enhance your confidence and self-esteem.
Enrolling in a medical weight loss solution will keep you motivated throughout your weight loss journey. With a weight loss program managed by medical professionals, you will receive the personalized support and proper guidance you need to achieve your weight loss goals.