Women try various remedies to minimize the effects of aging and keep their skin looking youthful and glowing. Experts say that when it comes to your skin, there a lot of truth in the saying “You are what you eat”. There are certain nutritious super foods that can give you great looking skin and so what you need to do is include them in your diet. Here is a list of the commonly recommended anti-aging foods that can help you achieve and maintain vibrant-looking skin.
- Oats: Complex carbohydrates like oats are low-glycemic. Oats is known to have a natural plant chemical that prevents damage to skin cells and soothes skin irritation. This makes it one of the best anti-aging foods.
- Brussels sprouts: Rich in skin-friendly vitamins A and C, brussels sprouts also contain folate. While vitamin A and folate offer protection from sun, vitamin C promotes collagen production.
- Strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, and plums: These vitamin-C-rich fruits help ward off wrinkles and age-related dryness. A cup of strawberries provides about 150 percent of the daily recommended portion of vitamin C.
- Oranges: Loaded with water, oranges help hydrate your skin and give it a youthful glow. Being a good source of vitamin C, this wonder fruit helps produce collagen to keep your skin supple.
- Avocados: Filled with healthy, monounsaturated fat, avocados help your skin retain moisture. The healthy fat helps the skin absorb important nutrients and vitamins.
- Salmon: A good source of healthy omega-3 fats, salmon is believed to keep skin cancer cells from growing and spreading.
- Lean Beef: Rich in high-quality protein, eating lean beef can do wonders for your skin. However, you should learn to cook lean beef the right way to preserve its anti-aging elements.
- Grapes: The skin of grapes comes with resveratrol which helps counter inflammation and prevents skin from aging. While using sunscreen is important to protect your skin, grapes help fight the effects of ultraviolet rays and sun damage.
- Green tea: A 2003 study by the Medical College of Georgia showed that green tea helps rejuvenate the skin. It is said to have anti-aging and antioxidant benefits that can help slow the signs of skin aging such as sagging skin, age spots, sun damage, fine lines and wrinkles.
The bottom line: a nutritious diet can improve the way your skin looks and also keep you healthy.