When it comes to achieving your weight loss goals, having to work out vigorously every day and avoiding your favorite foods can be really painful. While there is no quick fix or overnight solution, a few simple lifestyle changes can go a long way in helping you shed a few extra pounds without much pain or strain.
- Add some healthy stuff to your diet. If you have a sweet tooth, fruits like grapes, strawberries and tangerines can be a great substitute for chocolates. Adding your favorite fruit to your breakfast cereal and to your stews and soups can make a difference. All you need to do is to keep an eye on your daily calorie intake.
- Exercise is important but it doesn’t have to be heavy or painfully vigorous. Just do what you love – outdoor sports, biking, or trekking. Washing the car, walking to the grocery store, or playing with the kids in the yard will burn calories and strengthen the muscles. So instead of strenuous workouts, choose activities that are enjoyable and come with great fitness benefits.
- Walking can make a great contribution to your weight loss If finding time for a 30 minute or 1 hour walk every day is difficult, walk for a few minutes. Walking for even 5 minutes is better than not walking at all. You don’t have to make time for this – you can get off the bus a few stops earlier, park your car at a distance, take the stairs whenever you can, sweep the drive or rake the leaves, or do anything else that keeps you physically active.
- Instead of avoiding the foods you love, switch to lower-calorie versions. Reduce the fat and sugar in your favorite recipes and increase the fiber content in your meals.
- Drinking a glass of water before every meal can help. It helps prevent bingeing and keep your body refreshed, which will help your fitness goals. Stick to no-calorie beverages.
- A small portion of food on a large plate can leave you craving for more. Putting the same portion in a smaller plate will make it feel bigger and more filling, which will leave you more satisfied. Use small spoons, bowls and cups too.
Make it a practice to eat at the same time every day as the body appreciates rhythms. If possible, make only one meal for your family and not low cal food for yourself and high cal food for others. Track your weight loss at a regular interval to see if your strategies are working. Weight loss takes time, so follow these healthy and easy tips and you will eventually see the changes you want.