Regular exercise helps you stay fit, maintain a healthy body weight, lower the risk of many diseases, and maintain a safe body temperature. With the ongoing the public health emergency, exercising outdoors is challenging during this pandemic. Gyms and fitness studios are also closed due to the lockdown, and if you went to one, you need to find another way to continue your workout.
It is very important to maintain a safe body temperature in the summer to avoid the risk of heat stroke or heat exhaustion. The good news is that you can exercise at home to stay fit, boost your immune system and maintain a safe body temperature. Here are some exercises that you can do indoors this summer:
- High Knees: Stand straight and the objective of this exercise is to get your knees up as high in the air as you can.
- Briskly start with your right knee up and then the other knee.
- Alternate back and forth.
- Keep the shoulders back, core engaged, and gaze forward.
- Pump the arms.
- Continue for 60 seconds.
- Standing Scissors: Stand straight with your feet together, place your arms by your side and your palms should face your hips.
- Jump up, and land with your right leg forward and left leg back.
- Jump again to bring back the feet to the starting stance.
- Finally, jump and land with your left leg forward and right leg back.
- Push off and land lightly on the balls on your feet to encourage a fast pace and less impact on the joints.
- Continue this for 60 seconds by switching your legs.
- Jumping Jacks: Stand straight with your legs together and arms on your sides.
- Lightly bend your knees and jump into the air.
- Spread your legs to be about shoulder width-apart and stretch your arms out and over your head as you jump.
- Come back to the starting position, once you get comfortable increase the speed.
- Repeat for 60 seconds.
- Sumo Squats: Have your feet wider than shoulder width and the toes facing out. The knees and the toes should be facing the same direction.
- Shift your weight to your heels.
- Lower your body until your thighs parallel to the ground.
- You will feel a stretch in the inner thighs,
- Hold for 2 counts and stand up by pushing through the heels.
- Repeat 10 times.
Exercising regularly improves physical and mental health. These indoor exercises are the ideal option during these times of social-distancing and stay-at-home orders