Having a beach-ready body is everyone’s desire and to achieve this body you have to follow a good nutritious diet. Good nutrition is an important part of leading a healthy lifestyle. A balanced diet along with physical activity can help you reach and maintain a healthy weight and reduce your risk of chronic diseases. Eating more fiber-rich food is the best option as it fills you up faster and prevents your body from absorbing some of the calories in the foods that you eat. The ideal volume of gram intake for women is 25 grams, and for men 38 grams.
Here are some summer foods that will help you achieve a toned and fit body.
- Strawberries: Strawberries are full of vitamin C and antioxidants that will make you skin look younger. A cup of halved strawberries contains 3 grams of fiber and around 50 calories. Strawberries can be used in smoothies, salads etc.
- Green beans: Green beans are a good source of vitamin K that helps in maintaining healthy and strong bones. Green beans can be added to soups, stir fries and salads. A cup of beans has 44 calories and 4 grams of fiber.
- Raspberry: A cup of raspberry has 8 grams of fiber and 64 calories; the main advantage of raspberry is that it helps lower cholesterol.
- Corn: Corn is an excellent choice of food that helps with weight loss and provides good bacteria in your gut. A cup of boiled corn contains 127 calories and 3 grams of fiber. Boiled corn can be eaten as snack or added in soups, salads, salsa dip, and pizza toppings.
- Zucchini: A cup of cooked Zucchini contains 3 grams of fiber and 30 calories. Zucchini is a healthy vegetable that contains two antioxidants – lutein and zeaxanthin – that prevents age-related macular degeneration. Zucchini is a great substitute for noodles or it can be even grilled and added to summer casseroles.
- Leafy greens: Leafy greens are rich in vitamins A, C, K, folate, calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, and fiber. It can be added to soups, salads and even smoothies.
- Peppermint: Peppermint helps reduce bloating and indigestion and soothe the GI tract. This can be added to tea, drinks or even to plain water.
- Salmon: Salmon is high in omega-3 fatty acids and low in calories. It has saturated fats, protein and sodium. It also has anti-inflammatory advantages.
- Raw nuts: Raw nuts contain healthy fats, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that help to minimize the risk of heart disease and possibly prevent breast cancer.
- Quinoa: Quinoa is similar to grains and it is rich in protein, fiber, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
- Greek Yogurt: 6 ounces of Greek yogurt has no fats and 18 grams of protein. It also contains probiotics and supplies 20 percent of your calcium needs. This is a gluten-free, diabetic dietary healthy product that can be used in salads, or smoothies.
- Eggs: Eggs are full of amino acids and an excellent source of protein that prevents you from overeating. Eggs are incredibly versatile and can be added to almost any meal or snack.
- Red Bell peppers: Red Bell peppers contain antioxidants like vitamin C and beta carotene that stimulate the digestive system and boosts metabolism.
- Steel cut oats: This is the least processed type of oats that are full of fiber and protein, and helps reduce cholesterol and maintain healthy blood sugar levels.
- Asparagus: Asparagus is a good source of vitamin K, C and beta carotene and it is a slow releasing food that helps to normalize blood sugar. It also serves as a stimulant to liver and kidney that helps with minimizing water retention and bloating.
- Pineapple: Pineapple is a tropical fruit that contains bromelain, a digestive enzyme that can help reduce gas, and keeps your healthy.
- Celery: Celery or celery stick is a great snack that helps reduce fluid retention and fill up your stomach without adding many calories to your daily total. It has high levels of Vitamin K, A, C and vitamins B-2 and B-6.
High-fiber rich food tends to be more filling than low-fiber food which means that you’re likely to eat less and stay satisfied longer. Similarly, high-fiber foods tend to take longer to eat and are less energy dense, so that they have fewer calories for the same volume of food. It also helps to control cholesterol and blood sugar levels. If you are planning to reduce your weight, then a balanced diet is essential. A balanced diet that contains a full range of vitamins, minerals, proteins, antioxidants and nutrients not only helps you get a beach-ready body but also improves your immune system. This helps prevent health conditions like cancer, heart disease, stroke, diabetes and other health concerns.