Many people exercise and eat healthy, but find they cannot lose those extra pounds. These measures are obviously not sufficient to achieve a person’s weight loss goals. The solution lies in cutting calorie intake with weight loss friendly foods. These superfoods help you lose those extra pounds naturally and safely. Let’s take a look at some of the best foods that nutritionists and healthcare experts recommend as ideal for weight loss.
- High in protein and healthy fats, whole eggs are one of the best foods to help weight loss. They also have the ability to make you feel full and are nutrient-rich, providing you with the nutrition you need when you are on a low calorie diet.
- Low in both calories and carbohydrates but loaded with fiber, leafy greens such as kale, spinach, collards, and Swiss chards are ideal items to include in your diet. These nutritious foods are rich in many vitamins, minerals and antioxidants and contain calcium which helps burn fat.
- Loaded with high quality protein, healthy fats, Omega-3 fatty acids and all kinds of important nutrients, salmon keeps you full. Low in calories, salmon is rich in iodine, promoting efficient thyroid function and optimal metabolism function. This is important for weight management. Tuna is another low calorie, protein-rich, low fat seafood option popular among bodybuilders and fitness models.
- Rich in fiber and protein, cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage and brussel sprouts keep you full. They are also nutritious and have cancer fighting properties.
- Boiled potatoes score the highest of all the foods tested for fulfilling rates. They are high in potassium and play a crucial role in blood pressure control.
- Beans and legumes are high in protein and fiber and have considerable resistant starch which makes them ideal to include in your weight loss plan. Avocados are among the best fruit for weight loss as they contain healthy fats and are high in monounsaturated oleic acid. They contain a lot of water and are ideal for salads. According to one study, grapefruit is an ideal choice of food for weight loss. Having it before your meals keeps you full so that you end up eating fewer calories.
- Containing balanced amounts of protein, fiber and healthy fats, nuts are a good diet food. However, you should have only a handful a day.
- Yoghurt is a good dairy food for your weight loss plan. The probiotic bacteria it contains can improve the function of your gut. A healthy gut protects against inflammation and offers leptin resistance (leptin promotes fat gain).
- The antidoxidants in green tea increase the rate at which you burn fat, especially during exercise.
- Dark chocolate slows down digestion, so that you can feel full longer and eat less at your next meal. It also helps curbs cravings for salt and sweets.
Including these foods in your diet and exercising regularly can help you to lose those extra pounds and take you closer to achieving your weight loss goals.