Women may experience breast sag at any stage of life due to certain factors. Getting breast lift in Manhattan can resolve this concern and restore firm, perkier breasts. This popular cosmetic surgical procedure removes excess, stretched out skin, reshapes the breast tissue and raises the nipple and areola to a higher, more forward location. It can address concerns such as drooping breasts, asymmetrical breasts, tuberous breasts, and more.
The latest annual statistics report of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) reveals that the popularity of breast lift surgery grew by 4% from 2017, and that a total of 109,638 procedures performed in 2018. Let’s look at the reasons why women choose to have this life-changing procedure:
- Change in breast shape following pregnancy and breastfeeding: Pregnancy and breastfeeding can result in undesirable changes to the breasts, including leaving them stretched and sagging. A breast lift, with or without implants, can help address these concerns and restore a pre-pregnancy figure. For best results, physicians usually advise women to put off getting a breast lift until they are done having children.
- Change in breast appearance following significant weight loss: Losing weight can cause the skin and muscle to become stretched and loose, resulting in excess skin. A breast lift resolves this issue by tightening the loose skin and muscles around the breasts.
- To look younger: Breast sag is a natural effect of aging. Breast lift surgery restores a perky bust line and can take years off your appearance.
- To address chronic back or neck pain: Sagging or drooping breasts can put enormous pressure on the back and neck and cause pain. A breast lift can put an end to this discomfort.
- Indentions from bra straps and rashes: Sagging breasts can pull on a woman’s bra, causing the straps to give an indentation on shoulders, which can be painful. Breast lift surgery can resolve this as well as chafing and rashes under the breasts.
Other concerns that breast lift surgery can address include: nipples and areola point downward, areole stretched out of proportion, and asymmetry.
Plastic surgeons use various types of incisions to perform this procedure. The type of incision used will depend on the patient’s existing breast tissue, extent of excess skin to be removed, and personal goals. Newer breast lift techniques cut down on scarring. One such procedure, the scarless breast lift, is performed using radiofrequency technology and can provide amazing results.
If you are looking to have a breast lift, find an AAAASF-accredited plastic surgery practice with skilled surgeons. Treatment by a plastic surgeon with extensive experience in performing the procedure is essential to achieve the desired results. Combining a breast lift with breast augmentation can provide better results for women who have sagging concerns and have also lost volume.