Leading a stress free living is very important for mental and physical wellbeing. Stress is associated with many diseases and that is why it is important to take deliberate efforts to live a stress free life. Here are a few simple but effective tips that can help you to reduce stress and improve your quality of life:
- As many great people have said, the best policy is to focus on the present. Worrying about the past and becoming anxious about the future are among the main reasons for stress. So accept the past, live in the present, and look forward to a positive future.
- If you feel stressed, don’t try to deal with it on your own. Share your feelings with a trusted friend or loved one whom you believe can help you out. Even when they may not be able to offer you an instant solution, talking about the situation can lighten the burden.
- A healthy mind and healthy body go together. So it’s important to be physically fit. You don’t have to exercise vigorously. Walking, yoga, or a gentle workout can release the chemicals that will help fight stress and anxiety.
- Taking deep breaths is known to slow heart rate and calms the nerves. This is what you have to do: take a slow, deep breath through your nose and breathe out through your mouth.
- Listening to music is a great therapy for a stressful mind. Besides making you feel better, it can reduce anxiety, lower blood pressure and slow down the heart rate.
- Laughing is a great way to relax. So find reasons to laugh every day. Watch a funny movie or get together with friends and share a few laughs.
- Take time off from your work. Overwork raises your stress levels. Plan vacations and spend time with your family, friends and loved ones.
- Cultivate a hobby like gardening, reading, hiking or creative tasks. Concentrating on creative activities such as painting or pottery can slow the heart rate and reduce the levels of stress hormones in the body.