Physical activity has an important role to play when it comes to maintaining a good physique. The easiest and most effective way to include enough activity in your daily routine is to go walking. Are you looking to shed some pounds and reach your ideal body weight? Make sure that you include walking in your daily routine. Weight loss is all about balancing the calories you burn each day with the calories you consume and for that you can adjust the walking time. Burning more than you eat is the key to effective weight loss; your actual weight and the distance covered in walking are other important factors that contribute to the result.
Following are some important pointers in this regard.
- For someone who is just getting started with walking as exercise, it is good to aim for 10,000 steps per day (almost 5 miles), which is generally recommended by experts.
- The farther you walk the more calories you burn. So aim to cover more distance before building up your speed. It would be good if you can walk 5 to 6 days a week.
- Choose a path with hills or stairs to increase the amount of calories burnt per mile. Similarly, it is a good idea to change your pace during the walk to increase intensity and burn additional calories.
- The best part of the effort is to keep track of your walking time and the calories you burn. This would motivate you and keep you on the right track.
- Walking the same old track every day can be boring and so keep it interesting by switching the routes once in a while.
- If you feel bored walking alone, it would be good to invite a family member or friend to come along with you.
There is no particular time or age to start the walking activity in your life. Understand that some things like this are better late than never. A diet plan and exercise alone may not help you in your journey to weight loss but a combination of both can be the optimal way. So watch your diet and include more physical activities such as walking in your daily routine. Keep track of the distance you cover each day, and note down how you feel and what changes are brought about in your body. In case you have any health concern, be sure to ask your physician’s advice before starting or changing your exercise routine.