Healthy skin is an asset for women and they usually spend a lot of money on expensive skin care products. Do you know that including certain spices and herbs in your diet can do wonders for your skin? These items will make your food taste good and also make your skin look radiant and healthy, renewing your confidence. Here are some spices and herbs that are great for your skin:
- Hot Peppers: Vitamins A and C in peppers help combat free radicals. This prevents the breakdown of collagen and maintains the integrity of the skin. They also contain capsaicin, which acts like a sunscreen to shield skin from damage caused by UV rays.
- Lavender: This herb promotes growth of new skin cells and can treat many skin problems such as acne and eczema. It soothes skin, prevents wrinkles and promotes healing.
- Ginger: This wonder spice is great for your skin as it boosts tone and fights blemishes. Try gently rubbing ginger over affected areas for good results.
- Cinnamon: Packed with antioxidants, cinnamon is rich in substances that fight skin damage. It is important to store it in a cool, dark place as the heat from the stove and sunlight can decrease its potency.
- Turmeric: This wonder spice contains curcumin, a widely acclaimed antioxidant that brightens your skin. It can effectively treat acne. Add it to your moisturizer for impressive results.
- Aloe Vera: This is an excellent moisturizer with natural benefits. Available as a gel, it keeps your skin healthy and glowing.
- Garlic: Garlic has antifungal properties that alleviate stubborn acne. It also comes with anti-aging properties and can eliminate blackheads and whiteheads.
- Green Tea: With a high concentration of catechins, green tea has strong anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and anti-aging effects on skin. It helps thicken the epidermis and inhibits an enzyme in your skin that can cause uneven pigmentation. It also speeds wound healing.