Unlike in the past, more men are coming forward to undergo cosmetic surgery procedures to meet their diverse cosmetic goals. Even though women are still the majority considering the number of procedures, the percentage of men undergoing these treatments has shown excellent improvement over the years. A number of factors may have contributed to this increase in the number of men utilizing cosmetic surgery. An increase by more than 106% has been reported from 1997 to 2012 by the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS). Men typically utilize these procedures not only to look good but also to stay competitive in the job market.
Here are some of the cosmetic procedures popular among men.
- Breast Reduction Surgery: Excess fat and tissue in the chest area is a major aesthetic concern that ultimately lowers the self confidence of men affected by gynecomastia. Breast reduction procedure removes the excess fat deposits and tissues to make the chest firmer and flatter.
- Face Lift: Men in their 40s and 50s are mostly concerned about the signs of aging on their face such as wrinkles and saggy skin. The facelift procedure addresses these concerns, lifts the neck and improves the chin contour to help restore their youthfulness.
- Rhinoplasty: The structure and shape of the nose are important with regard to the overall facial beauty and rhinoplasty helps make the nose proportionate to the rest of the facial features. In addition, it improves the breathing experience, as well.
- Tummy Tuck: Men are usually worried about their pot belly which develops on account of their irregular exercise and unhealthy food habits. Sometimes, a sudden weight loss can also result in saggy skin and tissues. This procedure helps them get rid of these concerns and restore the attractive abdominal contour.
- Liposuction: This body contouring option is widely being used to get rid of the stubborn fat deposits in diverse body areas such as the thighs, hips and arms. By getting rid of the extra inches from diverse body areas, men can feel more comfortable and appear more masculine in their favorite outfits.
- Gluteal Enhancement: The demand for male buttocks augmentation is also observed to be on the rise. A flat derriere is a factor affecting the overall manly physique and this procedure can boost the volume of the buttocks and make it proportionate to other features. Implants were most commonly used for augmentation, but now this advanced fat transfer option is becoming popular. Fat from other body areas is used to improve the buttock volume. It is a safe and natural procedure that also ensures an improved aesthetic appearance.
Cosmetic procedures have become highly appealing to men. These surgical and non-surgical procedures contribute a lot towards enhancing the physical appearance while at the same time improving self-esteem, self-confidence and overall emotional well-being of individuals.