A well-shaped posterior makes women to look attractive in various outfits, especially their swimsuits. Butt augmentation can be done using implants, but the results may not be natural looking and many women do not want foreign material in their body. Provided by leading NYC plastic surgeons, the Brazilian butt lift is a popular alternative that uses the woman’s own fat for augmentation. It also provides natural looking, longer lasting results. The recovery period is crucial and patients need to follow the plastic surgeon’s instructions for a speedy recovery.
The time for recovery from a Brazilian butt lift is shorter compared to other types of buttock enhancement procedures.
- As far as possible, avoid sitting on the buttocks for about 3 weeks after surgery
- Sleeping on the stomach or sides is allowed
- If sitting on the derriere is necessary, relieve pressure as often as possible
- Avoiding strenuous physical activity speeds up the recovery process
- Wearing a compression belt or garment keeps the site lifted and protected
- As incisions are made on other areas when fat is removed through liposuction, the donor site has to be treated with care, just like the posterior
- Medications recommended by the surgeon need to be taken as prescribed
- Taking proper nutritional supplements, proteins, vitamins during the period is recommended
- Avoid smoking till recovery
- Taking light walks can minimize swelling and lower the chance of blood clots
- Keep follow-up appointments and consult the surgeon if anything unusual is noticed
In most cases, patients return to work in a week’s time. Resuming other normal activities could take as long as four weeks. Having the procedure done in an AAAASF-accredited NYC plastic surgery practice is the right choice for optimal results and smooth recovery.